Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My first time bidding on a Heritage auction......

and I'm a tad bit confused. I bid on a item and my eBay clock is at -23 minutes. The auction for this item started @ 13:00 est. How long until I know if I won it or not?...image
What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>and I'm a tad bit confused. >>

Not as confused as I am after reading your post. What is eBay clock -23 minutes?

Edited: Mixed up time zones.

If you go to the live auction section you can watch the auctions. When you'll know depends on how many lots away yours is.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Not as confused as I am after reading your post. What is eBay clock -23 minutes?

Russ;

I drop a bid on a auction at Heritage through eBay. I'm sure when you're at eBay you watch the clock or snipe as the case may be. When the clock hit zero (0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes), it being my first time bidding on a live one, I thought I won it. I kept going in and out of my eBay only to find the clock was now at a minus time (as stated above above, then, it was at -23 minutes). Since posting this thread, I've yet to check and see what the status is on the auction. When I awoke from "sawing wood" and checked my mail, there was no conformation in my email such as there would've been if it were a auction won at eBay. Like I said...I'm NEW at this "Live auction" participation and a tad bit confused too...image

Thanks,
    Tom
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    You should sign up on Heritage's website and bid there, the buyer's premium is 15% instead of 20%.

• Options
    Razor...I've never bid on a live Heritage auction, but I do recommend you register with them. I've been very satisfied with their service and coins from their weekly internet auctions.
  • Options
    I do recommend you register with them

I am registered with them...image
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    The clock you are talking about is the time until the auction goes live I belive.
    So until the coin actually is auctioned the clock goes -

You could view the live auction in progress thru eBay.
  • Options
    how do you view it live thru ebayimage
    Michael
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Go here. Then click on view live next to the Heritage fun auction.

They are at a dinner break for now so it will just sit on one coin until it starts again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file