Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

There's Something Wrong Here

I mostly buy cards on eBay but recently I've started to sell off some of my duplicates. While doing a search for cards, I came across something "interesting". I currently have a 1988 Topps Mark McGwire Record Breakers PSA 10 card up for auction. I found that there was another one of this same card for sale and so I looked to see how close the certification number was to mine. The scan this other person has posted is my scan!!! Their title of the item is similar and their description of the item is fairly close to that of mine as well. So I check their other items up for sale and found that all of them are copies of other auctions currently running as well. This isn't right! What can be done about this? I don't want somebody getting ripped off by this fartknocker! image

Fartknocker's Auction

My Auction

Comments

• Options
    You can report that to ebay and they will cancel that auction. I reported to ebay about someone using my image and they cancel that auction within 2 days. They will verify to you the auction# of that seller and your auction where the other got the image from. You'll receive an email from them.
    RIP Snow
  • Options
    and the STUPID THING is that he
    did not even steal scans of cards that
    will net him any real money?

I mean if you are going to steal scans
    and try to scam people for a quick buck
    wouldn't you do it with REALLY high dollar
    cards from Ruth, Dimaggio, Gerhig, Mantle, Mays, etc?

why would he steal scans on 5 and 10 dollar cards?
    imageimage
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    maybe he actually has those cards, but doesnt have a scanner? so he has to steal other pics to represent his cards.. ??
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I think PA is right, that's the samething I thought
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Wouldn't people be less suspicious on lower $ amounts?
  • Options
    WARNING! WARNING!

Changed user id less than 30 days ago

WARNING! WARNING!
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.