Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wow beckett must be real tough!?!?!

Havlat BGS 7.5 = PSA 9

I got a laugh out of this one. Do all Beckett collectors have this opinion of PSA

Comments

• Options
    Look at the corners on this card and tell me how they got a 10 from beckett.

10 or .10
  • Options

I have many cards graded BGS 7-8 that are the same quality or better than other PSA 9 cards I own
  • Options
    I have many cards graded BGS 7-8 that are the same quality or better than other PSA 9 cards I own

I've also dealt with several BGS 9 cards that are PSA 4-5 quality.
    Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    That Ryan is scary...
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    the subgrade system is misleading, if anything. each of the criteria carries a different grading weight, which causes confusion when you get a bgs 3.4 with subgrades of (8,9,2.5,7).
  • Options
    I think this card was graded after the Beckett Christmas Party...image

Ken
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)
  • Options
    One thing I have discovered is that quite a few dealers won't touch BGS/BVG graded stuff... The assumption that some dealers rally around psa to promote their own business interests doesn't apply in my experience...
    When I tried unloading all of my BGS vintage graded cards at a FT WASH show... no one would touch it...
    A pretty big dealer wouldn't even give me $150 cash or $125.00 in trade for a BGS 7 1961 Fleer Bill Russell... that was shoelessjoes-
    The guy looked at the card carefully and just passed on it.

a few other dealers wouldn't even trade for it or my other bgs graded stuff.
    I crossed a few over to sgc and was able to move them that day.

When I ebayed them, I got so much less than I paid... when I bought them they were 1/1's or 1/3's etc...
    when BVG was born, my scarce highly graded vintage singles were suddenly commonplace and went for less than or equal to smr.

I am so mad at BGS... they were my first experience with graded cards... and as far as my eyes could tell, they were all undergraded. I thought BGS was so tough... I thought most of my 8's would be psa 9's...
    First I tried selling or trading them with dealers... I received almost no interest... these were cards like BGS 7 61 fleer BK stars, and 8's or higher of cards like the Dr. J rc, magic bird, pete rose, bench, etc...

then, I sent them to psa to cross over. few crossed even and the majority that didn't came back as evidence of trimming.

some I crossed to SGC and others I merely eBayed.

anyways, I have posted this or the similar complaint more than a few times on this board... I am still angry at bgs... and feel very cheated by their introduction of BVG.
  • Options
    I've seen cards go both way. Submitted PSA 8 and became BGS 9.5.....submitted BGS 8 and became PSA 10....

Kinda makes you wonder why do we pay all this cash when the grades are all over the place.....like throwing a dart at the wall with a number...."Hey I hit a 10 target...slab it up..."

CB4