Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

chances

Does anyon know th chances of actually getting an error coin by circulation? or a rare one by circulation?
New coin collector just started. I'm only 14 years old. But dont let that fool you! I really like Mercury Dimes and Franklin Halves, and the occasional Kennedy.I am still building sets and need coins any help is appreciated

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    The clerks at 7-11 frequently have them.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    evy1 iz a er coyn -nuthn prfct
    Wondo

• Options
    Just out of curiosity, do you know this from experience? and like how often?
    New coin collector just started. I'm only 14 years old. But dont let that fool you! I really like Mercury Dimes and Franklin Halves, and the occasional Kennedy.I am still building sets and need coins any help is appreciated
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's VERY possible. I'm not so sure about a rare one, but an average one, yes!

Let's put it this way- My elderly mother *who is not & never was a coin collector* plucked an off center struck Lincoln Cent
    out of circulation on her own doing! It was about 50% off center but no date.

If she did it then anyone can! image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Not often.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 1966 I have received two error coins in normal circulation. A 10% off-center 1965 Quarter and a blank planchet cent.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    Last year I got a HUGE cud (about 15% of one side) on a 2003 Lincoln cent.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    About a year ago at a mall pizza stand, I was due one cent in change and was handed a broadstruck cent.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file