Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Somewhat OT: Velvet Baseball Caps?

I recently saw this guy wearing the sweetest baseball cap I've ever seen. It was a powder blue Phillies cap (think 70s-80s road unis) with "Phillies" written in red script across the bill. The fabric looked like velour, or crushed velvet, something like that. I've searched the net for a week now and cannot find any place selling them. Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere? I must have one. If I can get one of those, and one of those old experimental silk St. Louis Cardinals jerseys, I'll be set, stylistically.
WANTED:
2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay

Comments

• One of the best selections of baseball hats and jerseys I have seen is at Mickey's Place in Cooperstown, NY...
    find them online... they have a catalogue
  • I once owned Pete Roses 1983 Powder Blue road jersey which in a moment of clarity I sold at the Nationals 5 years ago.....

I've made many dumber buying and selling choices since then, but that stands out in light of current events.

What stood out about it specifically was the fact there are more natural fibers in cardboard then were in that jersey!

Mind you, the powder blue offset by those twin maroon stripes made a bold fashion statement in an era when polyester was king. I don't recall the velour hat and figure this was some marketing giveaway or after market styling as opposed to team sponsored.

Good luck in your quest though!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------