Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What feedback would you leave this seller?

seanqseanq Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
I won a low-cost group of coins on December 3, and paid instantly via PayPal within hours of the auction close. I also sent the seller a reply to the automatic notification email with my shipping information. This email never received a repsponse.

A couple of weeks went by and nothing had arrived, so I sent a follow-up email to the seller on December 22 asking for a status. This email also never received a response.

On December 27, I got an NPB alert email from ebay reminding me to pay my seller. I sent a third, terse email to the seller and a link to the closed auction page so he could see my payment status. A day later I finally got a reply from "an old man on disability" (his phrase) apologizing for the mix-up.

The package arrived today. My $3.00 shipping and handling got me eight coins crammed into a single 2x2 mylar flip, in a bubble mailer with $.60 postage. The coins are as described in the original auction.

Right now I'm thinking of leaving a neutral feedback, or no feedback at all. The biggest factors against leaving negative feedback are (1) the coins did eventually arrive as described, and (2) the seller hasn't left me feedback yet, and I don't want to be retaliated against.

Any other suggestions / opinions? How would *you* handle feedback in this situation?

Sean Reynolds
Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Comments

• Options
    don't post feedback until you receive yours. A neutral or NO feedback at all, would be in order - however if it was during holidays, a mix up could be legitimate. I would give benefit of doubt and just do nothing.
  • Options
    anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    He did apologize. Maybe leave a positive but state that it took xx days. This would be a warning to others.
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    How do you fit 8 coins in to a single flip? Must take some advanced training.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    Did he send them postage due? ,image

On a serious note, just let it go. He overlooked your payment, you received your coins and they weren't damaged by the poor packaging. Don't sweat the small stuff!

• Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    I would bypass the feedback - no harm , no foul.
    Wondo

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

You got what you bargained for, all though it wasn't as smooth as it should have been.

I wouldn't leave any feedback and move on
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options

<< <i>You got what you bargained for, all though it wasn't as smooth as it should have been.

I wouldn't leave any feedback and move on >>

I agree.
    Travis

--------
    Howdy from Houston...

Can't keep my eyes
    from the circling skies
    Tongue tied and twisted
    Just an earthbound misfit,
    I

">my registry set

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is not worth getting excited about. Just forget about it and don't leave any feedback.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mama taught me if you have nothing nice to say.....dont say anything....
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a quorum - no feedback at all.

Thanks,

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    <<<an old man on disability>>>
    HAHAHAHA!!! Probably some dealer in perfect health the just forgot & is now cringing behind his keyboard hoping you don't slam him.
    Just remember your $3 paid for a 50¢ bubble mailer, a 5¢ flip plus wear & tear on your seller's car & his time standing in line
    @ the PO.
    Being a little slow is no big bother to me & if the coins weren't damaged I would probably leave feedback that said:
    Praise: As advertised but slow 1 month shipping on instant PayPal.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file