Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

POLL: Buying, selling, other on gold?

nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
Are you buying, selling, or doing nothing with gold right now?

Comments

• Options
    Too poor to do anything with gold... image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    With a 5$ a month allowance (and extra $ from odd jobs) its hard enough to upgrade my type set.
    Formely known as kamehameha00
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold three American Gold eagles (1 oz.) and 2 PCGS MS-63 Saints today.
  • Options
    My sister and I will be getting some gold up on Ebay this week. $423!!
  • Options
    Gold has increased in value while the value of the US dollar has decreased. Hence gold is a bit more affordable to me and so I bought some gold today. See sig (1911 French 20 Francs).
  • Options
    Purchased over 50 Double Eagles when spot was between 290 and 320. At current, selling would be a 25% lose of initial income at the current exchange rate! Although, I could have already sould at 400 and bought acreage real estate and flipping my finger at exchange rates and gold spot prices now!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Currently doing nothing. Holding for now. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    I'll quit buying at 800.00 for the eventual push to 1700.00

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll quit buying at 800.00 for the eventual push to 1700.00 >>

Just get in a few fresh baggies from Columbia?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I picked up three 1 oz. Pandas today along with a couple 100 oz bars of silver. Still buying and I will for some time to come.

There is still a long bull run in front of us. As long as I think the price is right, I'll be stashing. The thought of paying up to $800 an ounce on gold makes me sweat a little bit though. image
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    One ttt for morning crowd
  • Options
    RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    I don't generally deal in gold since the price started to climb, although I just bought a nice pair of Saints this past week! I guess that makes me a bit hippocritical. LOL!
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I just bought a British Sovereign for the equivalent of $340/oz delivered (too good a deal to turn down).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    I'm buying Gold only for my type set.

Not buying bullion right now just holding.
  • Options
    I am thinking of selling THIS SET.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Too rich for my blood, I'll stick with silver

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file