Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Photo advice please

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
Howdy,

How do you all think these pics came out? Any advice to make them better? I can't figure out how not to get the reflection of the camera in the Chinese coin. Sorry they are darkside pics hahhaahaha...they are the only coins I have in raw form right now.

Comments

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Pretty good, but a bit overexposed. And I don't mean what she's not wearing. Turn down the lights or move the lights further away. Here's my version of the coin, though.

• Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that's where the term "headlights" came fromimage
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    Do these look any better to ya?

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    It's getting better, but needs a better lighting angle and some color correction. Here is an alteration of your last pic I did. But it's the best I can do with the original pic.

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To remove the reflection, simply change the angle ... it'll make a BIG difference

Angles and lights are the key to photography
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    I'm taking the photos as close to straight on with zero angle as possible. I thought that people get miffed when you take angeled photos of coins because flaws and defects can be hidden by angeling the the coin?
  • Options

<< <i>I'm taking the photos as close to straight on with zero angle as possible. I thought that people get miffed when you take angeled photos of coins because flaws and defects can be hidden by angeling the the coin? >>

Then you angle the light... if the coin looks like an oval, you can skew it back to being square
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Angle the light! BRILLIANT! I'll try it!

btw...happy 200th post to me image
  • Options
    Here are angled examples... the coin, nor the camera, was moved in these two shots:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file