Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Seller wants payment in 7 days for a case of prime cuts that has

already been distributed by Donruss. Or is donruss cranking outmore? This auction is very risky.High value item , no reserve, pay months in advance (plenty of get away time) No recent feedback.

PRIME CUTS CASE
x

Comments

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    It is actually against Visa/MasterCard regulations to charge your card for future sales. The turnaround on credit card sales needs to be almost instantly (banks even get nervouse if you are taking 48 hours). I'm not commenting on the value or lack thereof on this lot, but you should be well protected against seller fraud by using your credit card.
  • Options
    Oh well, anybody collecting Donruss deserves to be ripped off!image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Id say stay away from this auction. I own a sports store and i havent recieved anything from donruss about this product. nor have i seen anything from my main distributor gamus! You are bidding on a 2004 Playoff Prime Cuts factory sealed Baseball 15 Box Case. Each factory sealed collectible wooden box contains 1 pack of 4 cards each in a 50 card base set #'d to 849!!
    I havent seen cards in a wooden box??
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    I wouldnt touch this auction . THe seller has plenty of "get away time". The Product was shipped by DR in November. And the cards are numbered to 949. And you get a card also numbered to 100 in the plastic wrapped pack. I have personaly opened a few boxes. THe boxes arent wood vinyl over lay.

James
    x
  • Options
    Well kuhlmann you must run a pretty small store because the one I work at already had 3 cases of this product in over a month ago.
    Check Dave and Adams website.
    They are sold out now but this product has been out since late November/early December.
    Plus do a search on Ebay.
    If this stuff doesn't exist then how are these people selling single cards from it??
  • Options
    No its a big store and website www.gamedaylegends.com but like i said we are just starting to get into the card's. i havent seen anything of this set. plus he has it listed as an april release. so my advice would be to stay away.
    Not looking for an argument with you. im just trying to learn everything about card's right now. pretty soon you will see full page ads from my company in beckett and every fantasy sports magazine across the us.
    I want to learn as much as i can about cards for the next year or 2. Sorry if i offended you in anyway. Chris
  • Options
    Well I work at a card store so there would be no need to buy from this guy either way.
    I'm just telling you that these cards have been available for the last couple of months.
    I checked out your website.
    $140.00 for a Favre 8x10 auto!!
    Does that come with his company's hologram??
  • Options
    no actually comes from mounted memories, or steiner sports. we only deal with the best. whats the problem?
  • Options
    Well $140.00 is outrageous.
    We get stuff directly from his company and all of it comes with Favre's hologram and we sell 8x10's for $89.95
    I guess some people have sucker tattooed on their foreheads!
  • Options
    Hey i believe you that they are released. Was overlooked by me. i just saw the april shipping date so i thought it was a scam. I guess not, now that i know. Sorry you dont like the price on the favre but go on steinersports.com or feild of dreams website. and the prices will be higher or the same. they are authentic!!
  • Options
    Well we only deal with his exclusive autograph agent.
    There are way too many forged auto's out there so we like to be sure that what we sell is 100% legit.
    Hey if people are willing to pay that's great.
    I guess we are able to offer a great price for anyone who wants it!
    Take care and good luck with the cards!
  • Options
    Not looking for an enemy. as you can see on my site auto's are very much secondary, We sell everything. I just want to make sure that the auto's we do sell are authentic. and these companies we buy from are the leaders right now. Take care hope to talk to you again.