Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Silver $6.20 and Gold $420.90

Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
How high will it go, or how low will the dollar go?
"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Comments

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    1 euro=$2.00
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to make real profite out it. I convert about 15 euro per month to US dollars, and everytime I make more profit. (In my eyes offcourse, because I still think that the euro and dollar are at the same rate.

About the metals, Thats REALLY HIGH

Dennis
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fed and central banks will probably wait a while longer to stabilize the dollar
    and gold. At that point the market will probably overreact and about 50% of the
    moves will evaporate. Within the next few years they'll probably be forced to let
    gold again rise. The ease or difficulty with which they stop the dollars fall will tell
    a great deal about its future behavior.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    The central bank will stablize dollar only if they are interested in doing it in the short term. Which, is not in their interest.

Snow is going to all countries and telling them not to support the dollar (he is saying let the dollar fall). What good will that be if the central bank intervenes ? It will be like the fed removing the carpet from under the Bush administration.

Gold 475 is possible in 7 months. 1.80 USD @ 1 Euro is inevitable. This will give excellent leverage on exports. Not to mention the stock market will rally for sometime, before they realize, they got to pay more to import now.

The stock market rally we see today is pure gas. There will be a sizable correction soon. There is no basis for the rally. Economic fundamentals haven't changed that much, except that the fed has said they won't be raising rates soon. In the short term, the multinational corporations will post a modest profit, but it is not profit from real growth, its just a matter of currency conversion. Reality will set in, when people start to factor in growth for the last two quarters of this year.

Wait till wallstreet gets hold of gold traded funds that starts anytime this year. You will see gold shoot up.

Regarding mining for more gold, its a time consuming process. Miners cannot set shop at an arbitrary place. It is a 5 to 6 year process to prospect for gold, take care of environmental concerns, labor and machinery. Also regarding gold futures, the futures out there outnumber gold supplies. Its like a dutch auction, where the seller doesn't have immediate stock.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Time to sell more!
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭

<< <i>Time to sell more! >>

Good call. Now it is up to $424.20. You just keep on selling.

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I'm planning on it. I'm going to sell on the upswing and not the downswing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file