Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

olympus c50 coin picture help

I need help to take some pictures of coins to put on ebay. The pictures I took are not clear and I could not zoom in to get a close up. What do I set the camera at to get the pictures that I want. Any other tips on taking good pcgs coin pictures would also be appreciated. Thank You.

Comments

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Sounds to me like you need to study the instructions, hopefully you have them. If you are talking about the 5050 zoom then look up how to set the macro function. You need to shoot in macro mode to get a close up shot.
  • Options
    Don't know the camera but, as IrishMike said, make sure you are in macro mode. Also do not get closer than the minimum focus range (differs by camera) and use a tripod or support the camera well (and steady) in order not to get blurry pictures.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Your camera may be similar to my Olympus 3000; if so, (and check the manual) above the display is the macro button-pushing it twice will now let you take pictures as close as 8" to 31" away. Make sure you turn off the flash and set white balance to indoor lighting. A small mini tripod is available at Radio Shack for about $13.00. If you have further questions, let me know image

Hopefully you end up with a half-way decent picture like this one.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file