Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What happenned to all the PCGS MS-63 Saints?

RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have some common dates Saints that I am looking to sell. I usually use ebay as a resource to determine what these generic coins are bringing. I did my usual search and was very surprised to see how few were available and almost none were availablein a low (reasonable start) or no reserve auction. Is it short supply? Is it the slowdown around the holidays? Is it the pre-FUN lull?

Comments

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I check that rather often myself and have watched it dwindle over the last few months...
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I just got one.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    I have two. I'm waiting to see what gold does for the next week, then will probably put one on the market.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold two PCGS MS-63 Saints today at the local dealer. If I ever I decide to play the cycle again, I would definitely do it with Saints. There definitely is some leverage with the Saints that you do not get with American Gold Eagles (or other bullion) or with similar-priced Liberty $20's. Interestingly, I purchased some European classic gold coins (French "Roosters", British sovs, etc.). This seems to be the absolute worst way to play it. The Bid/Ask spread is tremendous and the same guys who are happy to sell you this junk are less interested in buying it back. I ditched the Roosters and Helvetias for a small profit (big hassle), and I still have 40 British sovs (nearly 10 oz of gold) to play with. If gold continues to rise, these are the next ones to go.

Robert
  • Options
    Tells me you will get a good price! Glad to hear it, since I have a few.
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    dunno about ms-63, but bid on RAW ms-60 $20 saints IS HIGHER THAN PCGS slabed ms-60 bid.

this is a TRUE statement.

K S
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Well, I think I will be cracking out all my saintsimage. I have noticed the price sheets are falling behind on US gold coins. For example blue sheet is higher on MS63 $5 indians than Coin World lists them for at retail! mike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file