Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What does it take to get your name on a coin.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharp knife?
    Or, you can be the designer...that gets the initials.

edit for typo

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Give darkhorse a holler. He put cosmicdebris on a coin.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    ccexccex Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭
    Spend enough on slabbing fees to get your collection in the registry set hall of fame, and soon you can see your name on the slab inserts in your collection. PCGS seems to do this, and I suspect that a couple of bottom-feeder services will do also this for less in slabbing fees.

Perhaps I misread the title of this subject. PCGS and others will only put your name on the slab insert, not the coin itself.

I'm reminded of the wealthy New York socialite Florence Foster Jenkins (Google her) who paid for a Carnegie Hall recital and recodings of opera arias with horrendous intonation but able accompaniment by her pianist, Cosme McMoon. Ms. Jenkins had her name on the record itself, not just the sleeve and the program notes.

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor
  • Options
    richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    Being the winning designer of a state quarter won't do it (initials). image
  • Options
    Save the universe.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    there is a private silver mint in Idaho that will put whatever you want on a coin (if you want to call it a coin)

picture, name, favorite slogan....

I think there is something like a $10K minimum with setup for 1000 silver 1 oz coins
  • Options
    Don't they call those challenge coins?
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Pay enough money for Liberia to issue a commem with you on it.
  • Options
    steel letter stamp set and a stanley hammer
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    An engraving pencil.

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Take over a small third world nation, install yourself as king and you too can be on coinage.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    You could also photoshop your name and image on a coin like Lucybop didimage

Mike
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    permanent marker works for me (sharpie). you can sometimes squeeze the attrib. onto the coin too.

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file