Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who says ACG doesn't grade accurately?

How many mistakes (not counting the mint's error) can you find in this label?
Roy

Comments

• Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Cent, not a penny.

There's more than just the wrong metal. Is it stamped over a dime? I can't make it out.
  • Options
    Penny

Looks to be a cent planchet

The cent looks to be struck through with a dime on top of it

Could've been a hammer job for all we know

And what the heck is MINT supposed to signify?

Other than that it looks like a good conversation piece - is it yours?
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's NOT a dime planchet. It's a struck dime.

peacockcoins

• Options
    None of the cent desingn appears to be missing, either. How could that be a dime?
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>None of the cent desingn appears to be missing, either. How could that be a dime? >>

No- what I meant was the label indicating it is a struck cent on a dime planchet is incorrect. It is not a planchet (only) once it was struck- and it appears to have been.
    It should read (if it is truly real and not a mock up fantasy coin) "Struck Cent on a Struck Dime".

peacockcoins

• Options
    Braddick:I wasn't referring to your post...

Wouldn't some of the cent design be missing if struck on either a struck dime or dime blank? It seems like a perfect cent, with the rim and everything.

• Options

<< <i>is it yours? >>

No way! I just thought some of the many, many ACG boosters on this forum might be interested.imageimage

It was posted in an Error World thread by the owner, who claims Hagar told him personally it doesn't need a grade because it's unique. The owner says it's a cent struck on a struck dime. The error experts seem to think it's legitimate, just not unique; not a "penny"; and struck on a "struck dime', not a "dime planchet".
    Roy

• Options
    Why would the owner of such a coin send it to a dopey "grading service" like ACG?
  • Options

<< <i>Who says ACG doesn't grade accurately? >>

I'll take a shot at that:

just about everybody in the western world???
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options

<< <i>

just about everybody in the western world??? >>

and Mars!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    Ditto!
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options

<< <i>Why would the owner of such a coin send it to a dopey "grading service" like ACG? >>

In the Error World thread someone told him that the "big 3" were the way to go, and this is the response he gave:

<< <i>NGC ,PCGS & Anacs , is also a good grading Company But I prepares The Originality of Accugrade..The Facts this is the very first Grading Company since 1984 then follows by PCGS..Mr. Alan Hager is the one who invented it! So if you guys found a very unique coin that you've never seen in your lifes never shipped it to anyone just Find Mr. Alan Hager( ACCUGRADE) this is the guy you could Trust in the Numismatist
    World. No doubt about it! 1995 Penny On Dime.....It was certified by Mr.Alan Hager personally. >>

How 'bout them apples?image

(I'm not making this up guys.)image
    Roy

• Options
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file