Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Morgan vs. Peace

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all...

Which do you think would be cheaper to buy as junk silver with little or no numismatic value...Morgan or Peace Dollars?

Comments

• Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    My main dealer's junk silver box has many of both. Probably more Morgans because there's so many of them.
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer.... JFK's or Franklins would be better suited for your purpose.image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>JFK's or Franklins would be better suited for your purpose. image >>

Don't listen to Stman - he sometimes loses his mind image
  • Options

<< <i>Answer.... JFK's or Franklins would be better suited for your purpose.image >>

imageimage
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't listen to Stman - he sometimes loses his mind >>

No, I got my mind back in good shape when I quit collecting those hunks of bullion.image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    The best is whatever is the cheapest.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    As was already said in one of my dealer's 'junk' silver box the Peace and Morgan dollars are the same price.
  • Options
    Buy high quality, youll do better!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Which do you think would be cheaper to buy as junk silver with little or no numismatic value...Morgan or Peace Dollars?

Why would you want to do that? image

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why would you want to do that? >>

Because I love the feel and weight of a silver dollar image I like to have a stash of silver dollars around that I can actually touch and handle and they also serve as an emergency savings account because they can be easily and quickly sold for their silver content. All the silver dollars in my collections are slabbed and I wouldn't dare crack them out to play with them. Junk silver is perfect for that! imageimageimage
  • Options
    OK, I hear ya. I've got a stash of junk silver myself, but I stopped buying it years ago.

My YN club loves it for exactly the reason you described.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many coins are we talking about here? a handful or several rolls? a bag?

if it's a roll or two just to jingle around, why not have half Morgans and half Peaces?

I prefer a mixed bag to just have around and run my fingers through:

because it's more fun to look through than all Morgans or Peaces or 64 JFKs or whatever, plus the big silver dollars don't really jingle so much as clink and clank. This stuff practically flows and I never get tired of looking at it, just have the bag sitting in a desk drawer, take it out every once in a while and pour em out, while all my really good coins have to live in the bank in individual plastic holders. Maybe you could just put together a mini-bag of say $50 face in mixed silver, some might even be a bit older..

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Damn Dave, that looks exactly like my stash, except I've got some darkside silver mixed in as well.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkside? are these dark enough?

don't get me started on my big bag of modern foreign from my travels over the past 20 years!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey all...

Which do you think would be cheaper to buy as junk silver with little or no numismatic value...Morgan or Peace Dollars? >>

Both are the same price when you buy ones only worth melt.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file