Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Peyton Manning - Good Time To Sell?

I just have a quick question for those of you who follow football and are active in the trading community. I was wondering if right now is a good time to list a Peyton Manning card that I have held onto for a few years now. The Card is:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars Peyton Manning RC Longevity Parallel #48/50 PSA 9

The only reason I'm not sure I want to sell it is because I may not ever have the opportunity to own the card again because of it's rarity. I pulled the card myself and had it graded so it's not like I'm waiting for it to reach a certain price or anything. But is his popularity and collecability right now higher than before and possibly higher than it will probably be in the future?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

-Brad

Comments

• kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    If you need the money real bad then yes. If you can hold off another 2 weeks and see if he makes the superbowl then sell it. If he wins the superbowl it will be worth the most. I would wait and see if he makes it. I f they do list it so it ends the night of the superbowl like 5 hours after the game.
  • Its hard to say. If they make the super bowl-thats the time to sell.If you sell now,you should do well,but you might leave money on the table.I'm having the same problem with some Brett Favre cards.Since the card is only #'d to 50,it will always sell.Basically it depends on how you think Indy will do in the playoffs.If you think Indy goes to SuperBowl then sell then,otherwise sell now.
  • Honestly, Manning will break virtually every passing record by the time his career is done. One Superbowl will give a temporary rise in his cards, but wait another ten years or so. He will pass for more yards, more TD's, and probably have a few championships under his belt by then, but if not, look at Marino's cards. Buy the hard to get ones that aren't yet overpriced.
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.
  • actually you should buy his autograph on jerseys dated from his rookie seasonOur Store listing with Manning jerseys -- shameless self promotion