Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Toning experts**Are These Toned Peace Dollars** Newspaper Toned... Album Toned... Or AT???

stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
What you think? Yes I own them as wellimage And Peaceman, I know they are common dates. image

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Newspaper toned? Is that a real category?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i> hate to say it but I think all 4 are AT. >>

Reasons?
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say they're album toned... I've seen quite a few denominations that produce those patterns with album toning... here's an example from a nickel set of mine:

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    MANOFCOINS.... I have no problem with your opinion. I think it makes for better discussion to explain an opinion sometimes.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stman,
    You know what I'll say...no way their AT, considering who you bought them from. And, I'm still mad you got that 1924 before I didimage COOL COLORS!!!! Still, would have looked great with this one I own...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    I will have to agree with MANOCOINS, for the reason he mentioned. Dip em in Acetone, if the toning doesnt come off, then who cares if theyre AT! The artists need to start putting theyre signature on em!
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options

<< <i>stman,
    You know what I'll say...no way their AT, considering who you bought them from. And, I'm still mad you got that 1924 before I didimage COOL COLORS!!!! >>

Haha... actually the one you said you're mad about I didn't buy that one. All of these have come from different sellers though.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Haha... actually the one you said you're mad about I didn't buy that one >>

What, it's still available? Quick, where's his number.image Still, I like em all...and their NT...IMHO.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm, another 1924. Must have been one hell of a roll!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>I will have to agree with MANOCOINS, for the reason he mentioned. Dip em in Acetone, if the toning doesnt come off, then who cares if they're AT! The artists need to start putting theyre signature on em! >>

But But WSM.... what if they are in your favorite grading company's holder that you always say are the best?
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    The bottom three are album toned nice coins; maybe the pic is lousy, but the first coin looks AT?????image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    Like I said, I have no problem with AT thats there to stay!
  • Options
    But it cant be as dull as the top coin either!
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think any are AT. I've seen this type of toning on Peace dollars before, rarely, but I've seen it just the same. Album toned for sure. Beautiful coins.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Options

<< <i>But it cant be as dull as the top coin either! >>

I agree that coin is DULL. That one happens to be in the grading service holder that you are always saying can do no wrong.image
  • Options
    Whats the grade? Or would you rather me guess?
  • Options
    I guess I should have said in the title these were on ebay to get more opinions?image
  • Options
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    <<<maybe the pic is lousy, but the first coin looks AT>>>
    That picture is from the bestest picture taker on this board & eBay I think. Least I think, I think I recognize that auction from a while back.
    I thought that was the best looking coin & picture stman.
    Yeah I think they toned that way from reading the newspaper. heehe
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    I made another $ 1.00.... WOO HOO!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file