Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Will this sales technique work with cards??

I am in the hunt for a vintage Superman and ran across something I had to share with you. You can check out this guy's other auctions and do as you please. Talk about attracting traffic to one's site.

Would this do wonders in Selling Pete Rose cards or any baseball card for that matter?

Superman Link
"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• Options
    It would probably even help sell Jose Cruz Jr. cards!
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)
  • Options
    This auction has one of those Andele Galleries at the bottom, so you can see the entire range of poses from his models.

IIRC, there is an auto parts dealer on eBay who also uses this technique to sell... though his models tend to wear much less clothing. Personally, this sales approach doesn't do much for me.

Now if you'll all excuse me... I need to call my travel agent. I have this strange and sudden urge to take a vacation in Florida.

-
    JR
  • Options
    There was a guy that used some stanky girl, wearing a only panties and a jersey to model game worn hockey jerseys that he was selling on ebay. The guys at the game worn jersey forums had a good laugh.
  • Options
    never in my life have i just sat through and look at 122 of one's seller's auctions!! it is the same chick in everyone. she looks better with the curly hair, and some of the poses they put the toys in are, ummm, great!! thanx for pointing this one out DG!!
  • Options
    i saw a similar technique w/a low end golf club- i think someone linked the auction here awhile back. it seems to have worked as the club went for $500 if i recally coorectly (its actual value was apparently much less). however, i've also seen a guy sell auto parts on ebay w/apparently himself as the model- picture middle aged, balding, hairy, pot bellied...and in nothing but his underwear. needless to say that didn't do a whole lot for me.
  • Options
    still looking!!

Items for sale are as pictured. If you have any questions please email. All accessories are original Mego parts and no reproductions. Items do not come with ANY accessories not pictured. IF IT IS NOT IN THE PICTURE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE IT.

i wonder if everything in the picture is really included? thanx again DG!!
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>never in my life have i just sat through and look at 122 of one's seller's auctions!! it is the same chick in everyone. she looks better with the curly hair, and some of the poses they put the toys in are, ummm, great!! thanx for pointing this one out DG!! >>

its great.. this ones my favorite
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭
    Where's the Superman action figure? image
  • Options
  • Options
    what is she doing with ROBIN I thought it was determined he "played for the other team"..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    These are hilarious!

This one I found offensive!

We definitely do not have to see this one.
  • Options

<< <i>These are hilarious!

This one I found offensive!

We definitely do not have to see this one. >>

AHAH.. i missed that one.. THANK GOD
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    and I think the use of a half naked
    women in ads for something described as
    8 inches as it's main selling point
    is sibliminal enough!
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>its great.. this ones my favorite >>

This posting says, "This is a loose 8" Captain America Figure."

I don't know about the rest of you, but IMHO it's the woman in the pic who is loose... Captain America is still fully clothed and seems relatively restrained.

-
    JR
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Everyone seems to be looking at the auctions, but is anyone bidding?
    If the answer is no, then this sales technique will not work w/ Superman, Spiderman, Mickey Mantle or Luis Sojo...jay
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    The term "loose" in the action figure collecting world means not sealed in its original box. I think you knew that....you guys are having more fun than I thought with this.

This thread is successful. Anyone email this guy about anything? Is this his girlfriend or wife? I think this technique works better with autoparts. I mean there are car magazines that show nice cars with attractive women posed on them or next to them. You don't see Batman, Superman or Spiderman with models on a regular basis, do you?

Continue to have fun with this.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

• Options
    I know today is only 1/4, but this thread must be the early leader for post of the year.

• Options

<< <i>The term "loose" in the action figure collecting world means not sealed in its original box. I think you knew that....you guys are having more fun than I thought with this.

This thread is successful. Anyone email this guy about anything? Is this his girlfriend or wife? I think this technique works better with autoparts. I mean there are car magazines that show nice cars with attractive women posed on them or next to them. You don't see Batman, Superman or Spiderman with models on a regular basis, do you?

Continue to have fun with this. >>

ive never seen Superman with anybody except Lois Lane..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Wasn't Mary Jane Watson (Peter Parker's girlfriend) a model?
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    I couldn't find it in the auction description anywhere, but I wonder if they wash/sanitize the figures before shipping? image

JEB.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>ive never seen Superman with anybody except Lois Lane.. >>

Shhhsh!!! Jimmy Olsen may get jealous image ...jay
  • Options

<< <i>I am in the hunt for a vintage Superman and ran across something I had to share with you. You can check out this guy's other auctions and do as you please. Talk about attracting traffic to one's site.

Would this do wonders in Selling Pete Rose cards or any baseball card for that matter?

Superman Link >>

DG, Did you asked the seller if the sexy girl is included? image

RIP Snow
  • Options
    i hafta ttt this thread already
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Snowball,

I have not asked the seller anything, but the "girl" is actually a "woman"---she just is no spring chicken anymore. image

If ebay already bans human organs from being auctioned, it will certainly ban this (sale of young female Homo Spapiens sapiens). I think you would have to go to Moldavia, Romania, Kosovo or Albania where girls (or very young women) are actually being sold to servitude on the black market (whatever its called). Go ahead and make a search on the internet with a few relevent key words and you will see that this is not something that was just done in ancient times, but is going on now.

So, what you are proposing is no joke, but actual reality in other parts of the world. That is just to inform the board members.

• Options

<< <i>Snowball,

I have not asked the seller anything, but the "girl" is actually a "woman"---she just is no spring chicken anymore. image

If ebay already bans human organs from being auctioned, it will certainly ban this (sale of young female Homo Spapiens sapiens). I think you would have to go to Moldavia, Romania, Kosovo or Albania where girls (or very young women) are actually being sold to servitude on the black market (whatever its called). Go ahead and make a search on the internet with a few relevent key words and you will see that this is not something that was just done in ancient times, but is going on now.

So, what you are proposing is no joke, but actual reality in other parts of the world. That is just to inform the board members. >>

yeah.. you can order up a girl from russia and have her delivered.. heh.. you might can find a deal by searching the internet..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Maybe not a great sales tactic. I was considering exploiting and demeaning my girlfriend to sell some trading cards like this seller. While many people are checking out his auctions, it does not look like he is getting many bids.