Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SMS fans: 1965 MS-68 CAM (1/0) Washington

Comments

• Options
    TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    I actualy thought this was a "questionable" auction seeing he had picks of the coin raw then had a pick of a slabed coin. But he has sold other coins of the graded also with raw picks and with the same coin encapsulated. I guess he takes pics before he ships then off to be graded.
    Nice coin!!!!

Tom
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice unc. Very clean, too!!
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Look at the pic of the entire slab.........is that a partial print out in front of George's nose?? or lighting?
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Has to be on slab or lighting, unless PCGS provided an "ID" in form of a fingerprint ... "before" photos look clean. FYI, and this info is courtesy of Don, this coin displays the diagnostic ring of rim polish on right obverse rim that apparently appears on all 1965 SMS Washingtons to receive the CAM designation ... I have a MS-67 coin from the same die pair that I sent in yesterday in hopes of picking up the CAM designation. I think it is there ...
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Darned nice coin. The mirrors are what makes that one so nice. I actually saw this coin listed, and one of the other pics really show off the clarity of the mirrors. RGL, I though you might enjoy a few pics of these coins with the ring in evidence.

coin 1
    coin 2
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    I'm just getting into these SMS coins.

imageimage

That is a hot, sexy coin!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji