Home U.S. Coin Forum

Bought my first Morgan :)

Once you start looking at a bunch of them you can't resist buying one. My guess as far as grade is MS60, cartwheel luster is there.

Comments

• Congrats but be careful, it's addicting. image

• HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I have always found the Morgans to be an attractive series, and it is the coin that got me back into collecting!
    Have fun!image
  • StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sphinx357: I have, and will probably always be, a Morgan Lover and Collector, and enjoy collecting all Silver Dollars through 1935.

Today the series is still very alluring to me, with so many 120 year old coins available in certified slabbed PCGS/NGC Choice Uncirculated (MS-63 to 64) grades which you can cherry pick for less than $50 a piece!

Enjoy your new collecting series. There are lots of others out there on this forum who will be pleased to discuss Morgans with you!

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

• Congrats, I recently picked up my FIRST Morgan as well, I got it at the New Silver Dollar Show in St. Louis in October at the Scotsman Auction it was listed as a 1921. Well I won the bid and sent it to PCGS for grading, to my surprise it came back MS65, but even more shocking, because of the toning and smaller mintmark on that yr. Morgan it was a 1921D, worth twice as much.
    PCGS certified Modern Commemoratives and American Eagle Gold Bullion, Type set coins, CC mintmark coins, Confederate currency, Shield Nickels XF and better,HOF sports cards graded/ungraded
  • XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭

I was never really too into Morgans until I got a really nice oneimage

I think the nice ones are awesome, but the worn out ones are really fuglyimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file