Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

OK, I'm ready for F.U.N.-What am I forgetting?

As some of you know, FUN will be my first ever coin show as a dealer with a booth. I went to WalMart and bought some plastic tubs for hauling my inventory, made sure I got a nice plastic tub for my "Treasure (Junk) Chest" (25 cents each or 5 for a buck), bought some cloth to put in the display cases so the coins will look pretty image, bought paper bags so I can put the coins in something for the many buyers I expect will be mobbing my booth, have receipts, an extension cord for the lights, some change, a calculator, pens and pencils, lots of business cards.....WHAT AM I MISSING????????? Any constructive suggestions WILL be appreciated image
danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."

Comments

• Don't forget the coins. image

What is your booth #? Are you the pick up point for the name tags?

Mike & I are planning on being there on Friday. See you then. image

Oops, almost forgot to add...what about a loupe or some sort of magnifying glass?
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭✭
    A nice black velvet tray. It costs ten bucks and always makes a good impression. People might actually take you seriously image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

<< <i> What is your booth #? Are you the pick up point for the name tags? >>

Booth number is 647 and yes, I will have the badges at my booth if everything goes according to plan image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."

<< <i> A nice black velvet tray. It costs ten bucks and always makes a good impression. People might actually take you seriously >>

Thank you Dimitri, good suggestion. I have one I will throw in the tub. I have also found at the store that if I give people the lid from a shoebox, it makes it easier for them to keep the stuff they get from the "T(J)C" in a manageable pile image
    danglen

My Website

Dan, would it be too much to ask for a 1901 sovereign for my set? Certified MS63 or raw of similar quality. I trust your grading skills , you're an ANA graduate image Seriously though, I'm really looking for a choice unc and the ones from the London mint are not so easy to come by in such a grade.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    To locate it and PM me to send payment I mean image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • A nice big sign that says " 50% Off" . image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders

<< <i> A nice big sign that says " 50% Off" . >>

Yes, I would do that but then I would have to double the prices on all the flips I have been working on for the past few days image
    danglen

My Website

Terry

eBay Store

• AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the nice George III stuff!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • And the unsold SA proof sets!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And the unsold SA proof sets >>

Back off those Proof Sets Spinaker. You already have too many S. A. coins. Leave the unsold sets to us.

Dan, not sure if you mentioned this, but everytime I go through 5 for $1 bins or bargain boxes, I like to put the looked through coins in another bin. This way I don't look through the same coins twice, or thrice, or . . . If this is what you meant by shoe box tops than ignore my ramblings.

Terry really meant 50% for forum members.image With an official badge.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    6 below zero tonight - 6 above tomorrow - 12 inches of snow.....here......and you guys are going to Florida,
    sob, heavy sigh.
    Shep
  • mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Dan, some Windex and a roll of paper towels. Ajaan and Aethelred are droolers, you may need to clean your cases.
    Joe
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dan, some Windex and a roll of paper towels. Ajaan and Aethelred are droolers, you may need to clean your cases. >>

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Here is a comment from someone who has never been to a coin show. If you can find some small "zip-lok" bags, very small, you can put the junk box coins in them for the buyer.
    It may sound like a nothing to most but a lot of folks buying these (I have but not at shows) never think about how they will carry them.
    It should be a very inexpensive way to get you remembered by future customers.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    You forgot me; your assistantimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Couple of good magnifiers, , comfortable seat cushion (in case you are sitting and talking with those sitting across from you).

Don't underestimate the need for those papertowels and Windex!!!!!!!1
  • Well it was 73 degrees here yesterday, but it will drop to the 20's the nite I leave for Florida.

Dan I will drop off the badges sometime Thursday.
    You might wanna bring a spare light blulb, more extension cord than you think you will need.

Snacks and drinks for everyone.... image

Bibs with those pockets in the bottom, to catch the druel.. Something good to read, reference and pricing books.
  • AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Jewelers pads are nice. That way coins don't need to be laid -- or dropped -- on glass. I take one with me to shows, but I'd rather not have to. Also, an appropriate light that the customer can use to view the coin with is a good idea as well.
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image