Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Latest Mercs

Here's the latest Mercs I got, the '34 I got in Clearwater today from Bill Jones the 40-D I got from an EBay auction.

-George
42/92

Comments

• Options
    Nice...real nice.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    You Go Kiddy-o!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
  • Options
    And I found a new way to take the scans, if I leave the Document cover open, it gives a better idea of how the coin looks. Compare the Obv to the Rev of both. The Obv was taken with the Document Cover down and the Revs were taken with the cover up. Which do you think looks better?
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    How abuot doing the same side of the coin both open and closed so we can compare?
  • Options
    Very well done on the Mercs George. Sorry I wasn't there with you. Next time, you'll have some competition. image. 1934 is a very undervalued date.
  • Options
    That '40-D looks fairly well struck for a no fb coin. I like them both!

I used to use a piece of black construction paper over my slabs when I scanned them. Maybe you are getting a similar effect by leaving the top open?
  • Options
    Here is one that arrived today. I now have eight of the 1944-S Benson PCGS Mercs. eight down and 42 to go to complete the roll.1944-S 10c PCGS-MS66 Benson.
  • Options
    Now that you mention it Carl... I looked a little closer... and it looks FSB to me... though it may be not quite seperated enough... but it's pretty close... here's the close-up shot... it looks really close to FSB... should I send to PCGS for regrade? Or is it not worth it?

-George
    42/92
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like you have picked up a pair of nice dimes. Congrats! I like the obverse images better. They look like they have more contrast than the reverse. It sounds like you are having fun building that set, and it will be fun for a long time!

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Nice pick-ups your well on your way to being a "mercaholic"!!!
  • Options
    I'm already there! image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    Those ladies look very pretty. I would wait to resubmit them. Buy more first.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file