Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

It's interested just observing a coin shop for even 15minutes.

We had to get some paper money pages today so we stopped by JD Coins in Rochester, I don't really care for JD Coins, the prices, the people, the attitudes, I just don't like it. Anyway we were in there for 15minutes if that, this lady comes in with her husband, she's carrying an uncut sheet of 32 $2 in a tube. All she wanted for it was face value. Ofcourse the dealer rushed over to the till and took out $64 which she was very pleased with then she was out the door. She mentioned her husbands father used to work at the Treasury and gave it as a gift. The dealer opened the tube a second time and something else came out of the tube, could've been a ring, a coin anything, certainly a bonus to the already great profit. *sigh* I was so close to offering her $70 for it and getting barred from the place. Oh yea, I brought my PCGS MS66 1935 quarter just to see what he'd pay for it. "Well it only goes up to 65." That's about the point where I grabbed the slab off the desk and put it back in my pocket. Another guy bought all the state quarters released so far one of each and $1 a piece image and another lady decided to share with us that she was going to take her new '34 Peace Dollar home and "shine it up real good". hehe image

Comments

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Dealers just love these people that sell for face and buy for full-blown retail.

I wanna be a dealer. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file