Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question for buffalo nickel pros...

Can anyone tell me what the diagnostics of the 1915 DDO are, or provide a link? Is there any premium for this double die?
Dave

Comments

• Options
    http://conecaonline.org/content/buffalodoubleddies.htm

Don't know if that's what you're looking for, but I'm a long way from being a pro.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God!
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    ~PATRICK HENRY~
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    Look for doubling on the date and along the indian's face.

As for the premium, I don't know. Although Buffalos are my specialty, I don't care much for doubled dies so I wouldn't pay any more for them. However, there is a board member (can't remember his name) who loves DDO and DDR Buffalos and would likely pay some sort of premium.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    coinnerdcoinnerd Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I saw a 1915 in an NGC 65 holder with doubling in the portrait. I will look closer at the date next chance I get.
  • Options
    from cherrypickers guide - "the doubling is evident as a secondary eyelid and on the nose and nostril" fs 014.9 , doubled die obverse I-O-IV

from complete guide to buffalo nickels by d.w.lange - "a doubled die variety is most evident along the indian's face and at the date" DDO-1
    Home of quality widgets

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file