Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ebay question: how to get buyer's phone number for contact?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a buyer who doesn't seem to receive my emails (tried from 2 different accounts just in case 1 had problems).
He has attempted payment twice (using a credit card with paypal which I stated I couldn't take) and once to check in with me after those were denied.

I would like to try to call him and heard there is a way to get their phone number using ebay.....how to do that? I am new to selling so I don't know the tricks yet.

Thanks,

Ron

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Russ,

Just used it and now will wait for my email with the contact info from ebay.

Hmmm...nice snow going on in our parts now, Russ......(I live about 50 miles north of you though)....did you go to the Tacoma coin show today?
    Probably not too busy with this weather we have been having.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Snowing here also.

<< <i>did you go to the Tacoma coin show today? >>

Nope. See above.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Didn't know that you could ask for phone numbers of people
    you are dealing with. Maybe we should start getting the
    numbers of people running scams and call at 3am! image

(Legal disclaimer: Any comments made which might violate
    any laws on "phone stalking" should be viewed as completely
    a hypothetical discussion, and not taken seriously. image )
    Robert Getty - Lifetime project to complete the finest collection of 1872 dated coins.
  • Options
    TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    Rob
    The only problem with that is when you request theirs they also get yours in an email. Either person my initiate the request and both get the info emailed to them.
    Tom
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    Another problem is scammers phone number is usually not correct

put that is a good enough reason for eBay to NARU them

retaliation phone calls - phantom bids - email spam - would keep me from considering that though

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file