Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hey, what is Mr. Q. David Bowers doing these days?

Does anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    He writes a colum in Coin World.
    Pecunia in arbotis non crescit.
  • Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    No doubt waiting for his sabatical to end. One year wasn't it?

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though he is not visible, I would bet that he is been behind the scenes at ANR providing advice and anything else he can do (within the bounds of his no compete contract) prior to taking back his spokesman role.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    He works here.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    PistareenPistareen Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Hi all:

The latest edition of Numismatic News and the newest Coin World (published online as of today) both include the latest news -- Q. David Bowers has been hired as the latest numismatist on the staff of American Numismatic Rarities of Wolfeboro, NH. He's been given the title of Numismatic Director and has assumed his new position in time to represent ANR at the FUN show in Orlando this week.

All of us here at ANR have worked with Dave before and are thrilled to be able to have his talents available to us again.

John Kraljevich
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John:

So I presume Mr. Bowers has been hired as junior numismatist and must work his way up? image

More seriously, this is fine news. It's great to have almost all the old B&M team together again. I expect that ANR will thrive as did B&M in its heyday.

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    Whatever Dave Bowers does, You can always count on him writing more books. I look forward to more of his numismatic literature., including the companion series and books on the gold rush and sunken treasure.
  • Options
    Had a nice conversation with David today at the ANR sale. He fell down and has several large contusions on his head. He was cracking jokes and glued to his computer. He was behind the ANR table but i think he was just using there internet connection.
    All American Coin & Jewlery Co.
    6024 N. 9th Ave #5
    Pensacola, FL 32504
    HTTP://WWW.AACoinCo.Com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file