Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

54-S Washington MS66?-67?

Here's another one from my mint set and it looks to have a repunched mint mark? The obverse looks flawless but the reverse has a small mark next to UNUM . mike image

Comments

• Options
          Nice piece Mike...I just got a 54-S off of Jeremy. A mere 64 but nice toning. I say 66...image
          What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
        • Options
          BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭
          Nice coin, but I think 64 due to the ding on the eagles breast. Possibly 65 if they ignor that. I don't think it will go higher because IN is flat in the motto.
          US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
        • Options
          Nice clean coin. I have a 53-S with a mintmark exactly like yours. ANACS previewed it as "strike doubling"???
          Gary
        • Options
          XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
          I think 64-65.
        • Options
          LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
          hmmmmm.......

This looks like yet another winner.......

I say atleast a ms66 with clean fields like that............

maybe a tick away from the lofty ms67 grade.....
          imageBe Bop A Lula!!
          "Senorita HepKitty"
          "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
        • Options
          darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
          I agree Lucy- clean fields on MS66+ are very big in my view of these coins. image
        • Options
          rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
          65image
          "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
          rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
        • Options
          Manofcoins is correct about weak strikes on the early 50's "S" quarters, which is too bad, because they are common in very nice shape like the one in your picture. There appear to be maybe some slide marks on the cheek bones? It could go MS66, IMO.
          We are finite beings, limited in all our powers, and, hence, our conclusions are not only relative, but they should ever be held subject to correction. Positive assurance is unattainable. The dogmatist is the only one who claims to possess absolute certainty.

First POTD 9/19/05!!

• Options
          DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
          Nice 54. This 60-D will be going with me to FUN for submission. I hope it 7's. They are pretty tough on these guys at that level.

Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
          and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
        • Options
          darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
          Nice coin Donimage. The only marks I see are a couple of ticks in the eagles left wing. 67 would be a super grade for 60-D I hope you get it. mike

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
        Emoji
        Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
        Drop image/file