Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

WOW you'll never guess what I got at the bank.

I went to two different banks today the one that I bank with they only had $200 worth of halves, I took them, opened them in the parking lot and got 35silvers. Went to the Winona National Bank, asked them if they had $500, nope sorry all we have is $100 worth. So I go oh well ok I'll take those. She brings out the little box of 10rolls and I could tell right there I was in for a treat. I come home home. Look at the rolls half are old time hand wrapped, the other half are all solid dates and I would assume uncirculated. They have like a 67 in pen on the roll, then there's a 67 facing on each end of the roll. So in essence I got $100 dollars face in silver. I haven't opened them all, but there's no doubt in my mind that the coins after the two end coins are just beautiful. My question here is what does a roll of unc. 67 halves go for? I don't think I want to open them.

Comments

• Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732

Open them!

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    I opened the hand wrapped rolls, 1 was all silver the other 4 were clads. However these ones with penned in dates, like the solid 67's do you think the coins inside could be MS65?
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Open them.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My question here is what does a roll of unc. 67 halves go for? >>

Melt is nearly double face. Add a little premium, and you're in the $25 range.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Open the suckas!!!!....Ken
  • Options
    I did, they aren't all unc. 'bout half the roll of 67's was. I'm not skilled enough to tell whether they are ms 63 or 65, but they are nice.
  • Options
    None the less, a good haul for face value.
  • Options
    This is really like a lottery!

A while back I ordered a $500 box from the local bank.

After about 2.5hours I had smelly dirty fingers, was bleary eyed and have a whooping 28 silver halves. Nothing unusual like a Frankie or a DD or error.

From now on when I get the urge I find something to do around the house!
  • Options
    It takes maybe 15minutes to go through $500 worth. I just hoard the silver, probably passed up some DD and what have you, but oh well. It's better than trying for silver in quarters or dimes, those are used regualarily and silver stands out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file