Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"This is a nice large cent that has no problems. Attempted hole." HUH?

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a nice large cent that has no problems. Attempted hole >>

A wee bit contradictory, perhaps? imageimage

Geez. It isn't even a proper Holey! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    attempted ear is more like it...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    How can you not even finish making a hole?

At what point would you say to yourself "Nah, I changed my mind, if I stop now, it won't be a problem!"
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    The more that I look at bust half dollars on ebay, the more I'm amazed at what people do not consider to be a "problem". Perhaps half of the coin needs to be sheared off before we hit problem status? image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly.

I don't have any disagreement with him calling it "nice"- that is a matter of opinion (and except for the dig in it, that IS is a somewhat nicer-than-usual-looking circ large cent).

But "no problems"? Geez!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    that attempted hole looks like it was attempted with a nail

try it, and you will see why they stopped

even the drill bit attempts stop when the bit breaks
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    I've attempted a number holes in my day and...

Well, nevermind.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    I guess being a tool & die maker, I've learned how to start and finish a hole. But if you guys say it's not as easy as I think, I'll just shake my head, and say ok.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I believe "attempted hole" would be correct. Not like ½ a hole is still a hole but in the numismatic & lordmarcovan
    The Holey of Holeys sense it would only be a hole if it went all the way through.
    Could possibly be a pit like maybe a planchet flaw where a piece of slag fell out but it does look like a nail hole to me. Or an attempted nail hole. image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file