Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Check out this Unsolicited email (offer) I got..UPDATE in first post.....

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
I am currently bidding on a 1901s quarter. I have now received TWO unsolicited offers for unspecified coins outside of ebay and now have reported both of these clowns. This one really takes the cake though. Here is the text of the email....

I have an similar produc: RARE! 1901-S KEY BARBER QUALRTER PCGS G4
OFFERED HERE WITH
IS THIS VERY ATTRACTIVE KEY DATE 1901-S BARBER QUARTER. LIBERTY PARTIAL VISIBLE, UNHEARD OF ON A GOOD CONDITION RARE DATE PIECE SUCH AS THIS. GREAT LOOKING COIN ON EVERY COLLECTORS WANT LIST. DON'T MISS THIS QUALITY NO PROBLEM PCGS GOOD-4 EXAMPLE OF THIS MUST HAVE RARITY. FILL THAT HOLE IN YOUR COLLECTION TODAY.
If you are interested in my product e-Mail me at: sirwillsonsanchez2004@yahoo.com
OR CHECK MY FEEDBACK : rakkzzu_2004
I will wait your e-Mail soon. Thank you for your time,and for understanding.

Here is my follow up email to him after reporting to ebay.....

BUL**********IT.
Your feedback is an ASTOUNDING zero!
You joined today and are in Paris.
Almost believable.
Go sell some white flags.
Moron

Anyone Not think this is a scam?

received this overnight......................

Dear Sir,
I'm in United Kingdom
The price is $ 2.500
Reply me a.s.a.p

My reply to this one............

OK, I'll bite, what is the certification number on your PCGS slab?????
(the numbers on the front of the slab)

Where exactly are you located in Paris?? I have a great numismatic friend there and would like him to broker any possible deals and to view the coin in person.

--------------------

Comments

• Options
    image, He may work for the great Barron Von Onion and his assistant may be Vivian the not so great.
    You gotta love the all cap SCREAMING AND YELLING! lolimage
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I gotta hear the response email!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Check his feedback-- he joined today; I bet there are no negs!

BTW, I have a PCGS MS70RD 1795 Strawberry Leaf cent if you're interested...

I'm glad you reported this guy.

-matt
  • Options
    PERFECT response!
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I would have played with the guy awhile

like ask what he wanted - what the PCGS slab numbers were - if your European buyer in Paris can come visit and check the quality..
  • Options

<< <i>I would have played with the guy awhile

like ask what he wanted - what the PCGS slab numbers were - if your European buyer in Paris can come visit and check the quality.. >>

Not a bad idea. I should have maybe done that but I thought I'd rather tick him off instead!image
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why you should snipe image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Tell him to mail you the coin and if you like it, you'll send him the money.
  • Options
    Tell him you want your assistant Vivian to pick it up. image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian,

What is it about Vivian and the baron, whom YOU had 0 (that's ZERO if you can't count) dealings with personally, that you have to be so sarcastic and attack oriented at them? They aren't even part of the forum to defend themselves.
    You just like attacking people that can't, or aren't here to, defend themselves?

Dude...originally when I joined the board and read some posts, you had some intelligent things to say. I love learning from people that have things to teach or show.
    But, I have seen how shallow and ignorant and mean-spirited you are. Others are playful and sometimes border on being mean (but many times that is just their impatience or lack of manners I think).
    You and your comments are just showing how ignorant you are and how far your head is stuck somewhere the sun doesn't shine. You seem quite full of yourself and unwilling to give others the benefit of the doubt or even to just watch and see how things work out. Oh, hold on.....the baron/vivian DID work things out by jumping through EVERY hoop they were asked to and paying the way it was requested.

So, since it wasn't YOU dealing with them nor YOU involved at all, what is YOUR beef with it? Just fun to act like a big man and make jokes like that?
    I can understand that...I have known some ignorant bullies before.

Goose3.....for your reply to that unsolicited email you got....GOOD JOB! image !!!!
    You actually looked at the person and saw that there were misleadings in the mail and if you hadn't reported him, maybe someone would have fallen for it since he probably was sending similar to others.
    I got something like that before, but I was new to the whole thing and just ignored it. I probably should have paid more attention. Live and learn.

WingedLiberty said:

<< <i>Tell him you want your assistant Vivian to pick it up. image >>

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goose - Are you bidding on that PCGS G4 quarter? If so, hope you get it. It looks nice - I love the natural color. Really a nice coin.

Good luck,
    Dave

P.S. Nice return email to that schmuck! But you should have used more type-o's.
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Goose,
    Only problem is this.... no good Parisian will surrender...

... surrend his white flag that is!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    updated....
  • Options
    sadysta1sadysta1 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    FOR SALE:

AUTHENTIC WWII FRENCH RIFLE MINT CONDITION NEVER USED, DROPPED ONCE

it's more likely he's selling something like that....
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten many emails like that before after losing auctions. Never got any from losing coin auctions though. Usually it is for some gem stones, gold, etc.

I always tell them to F-Off.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    Before he was from Paris (France I believe), now he in United Kindom (England I believe)

he must commute in the chuttel (or whatever that submerged tunnel is called) and have employment one place and home in another

ask for a scan - then when he sends you a stolen copy - ask for a close up of an area that looks bad too you - then, say it is overgraded - you only feel it is an AG
  • Options

<< <i>Tell him you want your assistant Vivian to pick it up. image >>

I wonder if Vivian lost her job, maybe I should offer to hire her.. I'm much more laid-back than the barron, and easier to work for if you ask me.
    Tim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file