Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What is the most eye appealing toned or white coin...

under $5000 currently listed on any dealers web page? I'm looking for something that will blow me out of my chair and into the next room!
Buy/Sell/Trade Rainbow Morgans

Comments

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I never have been a big fan of toned coins. Never have..never will.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the series.

Ex: I like the older silver seated coins, three centers, etc with the blue's and purples (ANACONDA type pieces) Some are breathtaking.

But on mintstate 20th century key dates like Merc's, SLQ's Washington's I prefer white!

I think some of the pretty toned Morgan's are very neat, but I like blast white ones the best. If I were to own a Ms-63-65 1893-s Morgan, I would want a white coin, not toned.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    I like this.
    or this.
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sold Adrian a beautiful old holder NGC PF 66 Buffalo nickel. I dont know if he has sold it or listed it yet, but it is mind boggling in my opinion...

Will try and find a picture...

John
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These three nickels are mighty nice image

Check Pinnacle's site... there are some monster proof IHCs...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    There`s a nice looking 1908 No Motto $20 PCGS MS66 at Harry Laibstan going for under $5000. I`ve dealt with them a couple of times without a hitch and liked what I got.
  • Options
    Sorry, to me toning indicates a state in which I don't want my coins to be. I find any toning to be very unattractive and undesirable.

Silver American Eagles ROCK
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    HavanaJoe--did you note that the original post said: toned OR WHITE? Thanks for your opinion, but you added NOTHING constructive to this post! IE--if you like white coins, what's the most attractive currently available?
    Buy/Sell/Trade Rainbow Morgans
  • Options
    mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    South African copper, but no longer for sale. Just wanted to show you what is available on the Dark Side. image
    Joe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file