Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Coin guys on T.V. ASE 2004

Everytime I watch these guys they make me laugh.Today they were selling 2004 silver eagles for O N L Y $19.95 and $8.95 S+H.The last count I looked at was 600 sold,can you believe this.Can there really be that many suckers out there? $29x$600.that's not a bad day at BLACKROCK.Tubes of 20 were selling for $279 and change.
Are thses guys for real?
leon

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I love to watch that show, even though, I have not ever purchased from them. It is educational!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch this show every time it comes on with amazement that people are that vulnerable to pay those prices.

• Options
    I did buy a 2002 $10 platnium NGC ms70 for $159.00 off Shopathometv.

Sold it a year later for $220.00

I will not buy again, but love to watch the show, cause coin collecting is in my Blooooooooood.
    Lightside
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    $19.95 is a bargain. Robert Chambers on The Coin Vault had them for $29.95 with $6.95 shipping!!!!

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I was shocked at the $279 or a roll. I think I'm going to wait for the Fun show to get mine.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    I was watching one of the shopping channels last week, and they were selling "GEM BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED" state quarters in their own plastic holders, you got the '99, '00, and '01 quarters, from P+D in "GEM BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED" and you got a gold plated and platinum plated set for each year, and of it for $99.95... I was like... pffft! How many here want some gold or platinum plated State Quarters? But, you know they make quite a bit of money doin that, especially with the state quarters, since a lot of "average" people have become collectors of state quarters... but I must admit, I got interested in coin collecting by the shopping channels, was surfing one day, and happened to come accross it when they were selling SBA Proof sets, I didn't buy of course, but it got me interested and I went online and got information and met people, and now here I am, learning even more online...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Wow!

I just found out that I can watch this online...I'm watching right nowimage
  • Options
    Gman, the show with the $99.00 regular, gold and silver "plated" quarters is CSN. If you listen closely, you will hear that the phones purportedly ringing off the hook with orders in the background are fake rings. The ringtones are digital-sounding rings that are set on a continuous-loop play.

Even funnier is how that huckster says repeatedly, "You must act NOW." "Prices are going UP." "You must CONFIRM DELIVERY TODAY." The state quarters are "DESIRABLE."

Problem is, that infomercial has been running for months and months -- same program, same crappy-ass quarters, same absurd price.

The so-called $99 deal is such a fraud. Who the heck wants a quarter with 10 atoms of gold or platinum crazy-glued to the surface (all that does is destroy the coin).

Isn't it a misdemeanor to deface legal tender? image
    Realtime National Debt Clock:

• Options

<< <i>Isn't it a misdemeanor to deface legal tender? >>

No.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file