Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How much for bulk silver?

GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭
I am thinking of selling this pile of silver coins I have left over from busting proof sets open. There are some Frankies, a bunch of Kennedys(90% and 40%), Washingtons, and Roosies. What would be a good price to start at? Or what do the dealers pay? 2X face, 3X? Any help will be appreciated. Condition-wise, some are real nice, some are not so nice.

Also.....I have some clad proof Roosies, some clad proof Washingtons, and some proof Memorial Cents that I would like to do away with.......what do these go for in bulk?

Thanks again for any help.
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got these extras from busting proof sets? You should be able to get more than bulk silver...maybe sell on ebay in small lots...
    Advertise here in the BST maybe...

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I would go the EBay route, but I no longer have an EBay account. I'm just looking to pass these on to someone who may have more use for them than I do.
    imageimage

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah,

If you sold those for silver value only you'd be taking a big hit. Sell them as proof coins.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well,

I think you will get the same/better from members here than a dealer.
    Do you have a list?
    You mention frankies and some others....I, myself, may be interested in some for a low price (ones that aren't super expensive/high grade) so I can do some simple sets.
    I am sure others are probably the same way.
    As long as the coins are nice and not manhandled, etc image (picturing the dreaded hammer breaking open the proof sets and hitting roosevelt right on the nose image )

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even bulk 90% silver face is bringing close to 4x on a "buy" basis.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Heres a list of the silver proofs in the pile.

7 Franklins various dates(1960+)
    30 '64 Kennedys
    20 '69 Kennedys
    51 '61-64 Washingtons
    49 '60-64 Roosevelts

Thanks for all the help so far.
    imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file