Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Blizzard warning here. i guess I'll be taking pictures and watching TV today.

mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
We have 6" plus snow already and snowing hard. Winds in town are up to 50 mph. I'm sheltered where I live. That's all in addition to the foot of snow we got Monday.

Here's a coin pic too. hard coin to get a good pic. Takes a fair angle to see any of the color. It's not much of a toner, just slight.

coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section

Comments

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Nice job on the coin photo! It's 52 and sunny here in southern Maryland.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange stuff going on here in the Valley. At 4AM this morning it actually was pretty nice. Came in and read the paper and took a nap untill 7AM. Since then about 4 inches of Snow has stacked up. Looks like the Forums are stuck with me also today. Timeout will be made for the Rose Bowl though.

Ken
  • Options
    jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    66 degrees so far and should warm up to 73 today.

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the Dog checking this New Thing for him out.

Ken
  • Options
    65 and partly cloudy in Bama - supposed to make it to 70 today image
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    17 and a winter storm warning here. Kinda miss the snow, didn't have to shovel the last two days. Should be back soon and then we get lows back below zero. Not all is great with it as a local skier was found dead, buried in the 100+ inches of snow received in the last week.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Everybody says how the weather is here, but almost no one says where here is. Pretty nice in Northeast Wisconsin. No snow. It's been like this the last few years. January and February are coming tho.
  • Options
    Sunny and 51 here in the south Jersey area. Glad I have nothing to do today except drink coffee and watch the telly.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭
    It's about 75 and sunny in Orlando. I hope the weather stays nice for the FUN show next week.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    We got 2 1/2 feet of snow the day after Christmas last week, right now its cold and snowing pretty good.
  • Options
    A bit chilly here in San Diego....wearing a light jacket during the day
    But as I gazed out on the blue Pacific while driving across the Coronado Bridge...I remembered why it was nice to grow up and then leave Ohioimage Buckeye at heart, but Californian by common sense.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Just got back from a 12 mile bike ride. A little nippy at 45, but bright sunshine and clear blue sky in PA. Have a week from today scheduled as my first ski day of the season (Poconos). Hopefully it will cool down a bit and they can make more snow.
  • Options
    It's about 75 degrees here in Daytona Beach. This is our third day away from home in SE Ohioimage, and it feels good.image Hope the weather holds for the FUN show too, MDW.
    Gary
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    It is not too bad here in Wisconsin. We are in the mid 30s, no wind, and overcast. It was a little brisk on my run this morning, but it could be a lot worse!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't feel too bad for you.....you get that in the winter but your spring/summer/fall are probably very nice. image
    Here in the Seattle area, we get rain a lot....yesterday, we woke up to just under an inch of snow.

Most of the people around here can't drive with dry roads much less with snow/ice roads, so I stayed home all day.
    (I grew up in an area when I started driving that had inches/feet of snow and ice every winter but that doesn't help when the other drivers can't handle it)

besides, you can go outside with all that snow and do some coin sculptures in it image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    The snow has slowed to showers. Not long after my first post the wind came up to 40+ mph and dropped visibility to nil. I think that was when the front passed. The the sun came out and I decided I had better get the snow blower out. Not long after that it started snowing hard again with high winds.

Oh, I am in the southern OR mountains, east of the cascades at about 4300 ft.

coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    it's currently 79° in SUNNY SOUTH FLORIDA image

to us, a blizzard warning means someone telling you there's another round of drinks on the way while you were in the boys room. image
  • Options
    We've had very little snow ever since I bought my snow blower a couple years ago. You guys better watch out, I might buy some gold.
  • Options
    09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Had our driveway widened last fall, bought a snowblower. Since then we've had two storms here in Mass but it has since all melted.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Lots of hail here on the Southern Oregon Coastimage----------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file