Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Funk removal ( Sorry Carl )

Is there anything that will remove the funk ( Sorry Carl ) on this coin without hurting the color and surfaces?

Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    Bill - I'd send it to NCS - for $10 they'll treat it the best they can - make sure you specify exactly what you want to have done to the coin and how you want it to come out and see if they can help you.
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I would try acetone before NCS. I would prefer the coin to look it's best to me and not to someone else at NCS. mike
  • Options
    Besides what NCS will charge me is more than the coin is worth. I'll have to make a trip to the hardware store for some acetone I guess.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Acetone and then if that doesn't work possibly some time with goo gone. But no guarantees there.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    If you would stop getting coins out of the cesspool they wouldn't have that crap on them!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    If you would stop getting coins out of the cesspool they wouldn't have that crap on them!!!.....image....Ken
  • Options
    This one came from the same cesspool. Out of a 9 coin set only the one had funk on it. The rest are gorgeously toned with no funk.

Bill

09/07/2006

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file