Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Some not so smart buyers here getting themselves into trouble.

Unc '64 JFK's going for over $20 a piece
Something tells me the guy that bid on 19 of them isn't going to pay up.

Comments

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Man-that's worse than HSN. last night they offered a roll of CH BU Kennedys AND a roll of Franklins for somewhere around $350. I was half fast watching out the corner of my eye while on line. What's that.... a little over $8.00 a coin? and this dude is bidding $19 apiece....RAW? Where?
  • Options
    Man...you better go back and look again! He bought 19 at something like $34.26 APIECE!. Look at Purchasers!image It CAN'T BE TRUE...THE OTHER DUDE PAID OVER $24 FOR HIS!image
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Wonder if he thinks he is getting a whole roll! What a numbnuts!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Those two need to learn to read! I believe you're right Marty. That Dude at $34+ APIECE is gonna poo-poo when he realizes how much he's stuck for! The other knucklehead probably thought he was buying the whole roll too!image
  • Options
    I'm surprised the guy that's been registered since '99 did this. People need to learn to read the whole description before blindly throwing in a bid and accidently paying over $600 for some silver worth $38 melt at the most.image
  • Options
    I poped a message to the high bidder, just wondering if he realized if the auction was per coin and not per roll. Wonder if we will get a retraction.

• Options
    I hope that he was thinking he was getting the whole roll and doesn't think that those go for that much. When you enter the quantity to bid for you would think that should give him a clue.
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about the '63 proof Lincoln. image
    Dan
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    hey, powaydaddyo is a real gone daddy-o, what do you squares know? Get with it!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    If they all grade MS70 he's got a winner image
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for what it's worth, silver Kennedys from 64-70, MS-SMS-Proof, have been strong sellers on eBay lately. perhaps the buyer paid too much but it's just a function of demand right now. if you have some of those dates laying around in purgatory, now would be a good time to elevate their status and transform them into a classic from heaven!! unless, of course, you choose to scoff at the sellers and miss the bandwagon. i see Kennedy half dollars dated 1964-1970 as staying strong for awhile, especially if silver continues it's rise. why let all those high paying bidders slip past, unless you get your rocks off laughing at the wise.

but what do i know, right??

al h.image

• Options
    Looks like we have has a couple of bid retractions!!!

• Options
    He changed it to .99 apiece.
    Paul in Pine Hill
    ----------------------------------------
    My ebay auctions

• Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Marty, I know you mean well, but you could get Narued. I once emailed a bidder letting him know that an "electrotype" was a copy, and I got reprimanded by eBay for auction tampering. The bidder was probably a shill.

You're never going to save all the suckers.

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it seems that as a result of Marty's e-mail a bidder contacted the seller who then changed the auction after first cancelling the bids. now if you read the change at the bottom of the listing he's confused them again-----This is a multiple item auction for one BU Silver Eagle at a time. It is not for 20 rolls - thanks.image

al h.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file