Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Guess the Grade on this BLUE Roosie.....big picture! GRADE Posted

Been awhile since we guessed a Roosevelt - here's a nice BLUE one (my favorite) - guess the grade: to be posted later!

Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• Options
    purdy! MS67 due to the ding by the ear and on the neck
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    MS67

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    66, great looking.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful 66 shot 67. Here's my closest approximation to it.

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    68 on the Roosie. Is this Big Dime Night ?

Ken
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Craig,
    you forgot my Christmas gift -- just send it in the mail!!!!!!imageimageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Bill:

1. YOU didn't gues the grade - not shy are you????? Common on big guy, pony up the bar and guess the grade!

2. I thought you liked the red/green ones (like this one) not the blue ones......<g> This one is a MS66 that would qialify for FB if submitted I believe.

Craig
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be MS67 based only on the obverse. It's that dang ugly toning that reduces it's grade and value. Just send it to me and I'll give it a good cleaning. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    I'll say MS67. Love the color. image
  • Options
    Ken, BTW - I really like the toning on the 45 Merc! I own a few Mercs and that's the kind of toning I 'd like to own!!!!! Thanks for sharing (again). Grade posted tomorrow after the West Coast wakes up.....gotta allow time for rainbowroosie to guess <grin>
    Craig
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭
    MS67
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't grade a coin just looking at one side. How about a reverse photo.
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    MS65
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    MS67
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    Good news is that there's ONE guess that's correct - the coin is a MS65. If you look closely at the cheek, you'll see some light scratches. As manofcoins also noted, there's a field tick at 2 o'clock. But the real reason for the MS65 grade is a deep but short scratch on the chin - if you look closely, from right below the bottom of the mouth stright down towards the Motto, you can see what looks like a yellow mark but is really a scratch...tilt it right and boy o boy is it there. I was hoping for a MS66 grade but its the toning on this coin that I really wanted and not the grade. I will say the picture - unaltered - does make the coin appear to be a MS67 grade in spite of the fact that I had to dramatically reduce resolution to get in down below the 50k limit.

Congrats to Blackhawk, I believe the only one guessing MS65.........
    Craig
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To heck with the cert grade. The coin is way to pretty for a 65. Its 67 or 68 all the way. In this case buy the cert and not the coin and you will get one hell of a deal. image

JMHO on Toned Coins.

Ken
  • Options
    Craig, its my coin and I know its there - when I saw the picture I said (to myself) "where's the scratch?"...looked hard and thee it was - but I knew where to look. For me, there is a GREAT coin - its part of my Blue Rosy set and is the 1st blue 61D I've seen - for some reason, the blue toned D mints are MUCH less common than the P mint coins - go figure. M65 cert w MS67 appeal......
    Craig

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file