Home U.S. Coin Forum

Some of the best original Ike rolls I've ever seen.

DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
The other day, I was lucky enough to purchase a few original Ike rolls, a full 71-D, a full 72-D and a partial 72-D. They came today, and they are JAW DROPPERS. The full rolls were unopened. I haven't seen Ikes with that kind of luster in mint sets. They are stunning. They had to have been intact since 72. I haven't had time to do a full assessment, but the half roll appears to be all pegged-leg and the full roll isn't. Below are a few quick shots. The first coin practically glows. The louped pic is of a second coin (pegged-leg). image More tomorrow. Tonight I'm smiling.image

Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor

Comments

• fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats.

Looks like you did good!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Hey Don, YOU SUCK!!!!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Don!
    Where on earth did you get the rolls? Not from a dealer's shop was it?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    A nice lady jeweler selling remnants of her father's collection. Once I've had a few of these slabbed, I'll send her something nice.

Link to auction.
  • Nice Grab!!!
    Tom
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. How'd you do that?

From the description I'd have figured these things came straight out of circulation
    and had little collector value. Your bid was very strong so it's hardly surprising you
    won.

Congrats! Most of us don't get this many big scores.
    Tempus fugit.
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    Always great to get a nice surprise for a change.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • That Ike looks really niceimage
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Guys.

Sam, she listed the coins originally in an estate sale with pictures. I saw the Ikes and asked her if the large listing didn't sell whether she would break out the Ikes. The large lot went unsold, and she wrote me back and agreed to list the Ikes with a BIN. The mintmark wasn't specified. I figured anything under $1.50 would work regardless of the MM. I was unusually lucky.image
  • TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    Great find. Congratulations. image
  • GandyjaiGandyjai Posts: 1,380 ✭✭
    TOUCHDOWNimage

Not lucky,...astute and calculatingimage

Gandyjai
  • You did good, Don. Keep up the good work. Thats one "you suck" vote for 2004!!!!....Ken

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file