Home U.S. Coin Forum

Economy coins STUCK in Verification!!!!

Submitted Economy coins 10/30. Grading complete 12/11, coins sealed and sent to Verification 12/15. Coins have been sitting in Verification 16 calendar days and with FUN coming up, will probably (unless I'm lucky) still be sitting there until after FUN. My understanding of verification is that its the a process of "final" checking to make sure everything is right - grading, slabbing, inserts, and the important info before releasing/shipping. Sounds to me like the Grading room isn't the problem but the Verification function is. 62 days and counting.......
Craig
If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!

Comments

• mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    They're just upgrading all of your coins.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    I have 21 coins in the same boat. The Economy order was received 11/6. I was hoping to have them for the FUN show.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • They should all be free! Even shipping charges. No certificates for later, immediate comp! Those are worse than mail-in rebates!image
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
    They should all be free! Even shipping charges. No certificates for later, immediate comp! Those are worse than mail-in rebates!

I guess like a fine wine, it takes timeimage
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A recent order of mine spent 5 weeks in Sealing and Verification. I finally PM'd David Hall, told him the situation, and my grades were posted within 24 hours.
    When in doubt, don't.
    A recent order of mine spent 5 weeks in Sealing and Verification. Yikesimage
  • And I was bummed sitting at a mear 45 days. Guess I should just sit back and hold my breath.
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    This is what the 4th post in a few days on various forums about grading times. Either don't submit or send them to another grading service. How many times can we beat this horse to death?image
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    I just received a modern submission back yesterday that PCGS received on 11/25. Seems reasonable to me.
    I liked the grades too.
    This is what the 4th post in a few days on various forums about grading times. Either don't submit or send them to another grading service. How many times can we beat this horse to death?
    I think it is some sort of group therapy thingimage
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it is some sort of group therapy thingimage >>

It beats aggression therapy!
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    Its probably so many MS68's FBs in the submission - they are scratching their heads because the populations are going to double
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Verification? That's a good one...I wonder who verified the following: an NGC 61 1932-D Washington Quarter successfully crossed over to PCGS 61... I was notified by email and given the certification number! This was a "Guaranteed" 15 day service yet on the 15th morning I could not even obtain a status report! I spoke my mind and said I WANT what I have paid for and have been "Guaranteed" as well ! Well.... they got it out that 15th day alright...however when it showed up here IT WAS STILL IN THE NGC SLAB ! Verification, my eye!
  • Patience people PATIENCE!..."Good things come to those who wait!"......image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Hey Colorful, if its any comfort, my batch of ECON coins (also rec'd
    10/30) was finally listed with grades yesterday, 12/30.

I received a few winners to recoup grading fees but NO homeruns.

Perhaps PCGS will post the grades of your coins later today.

Good Luck. Cupronik
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Good things come to those who wait!"..............and he who hesitates is lost!!! man, i hate being stuck in the middle.

i would wonder what PCGS is supposed to do when they have a logjam?? coins submitted under the economy service with no real guaranteed turnaround time and coins submitted under the regular service with a 15 business day guaranteed turnaround time all meet in the verification room at the same time during the longest Holiday period of the year and just prior to the biggest Show of the year, all before the all-seeing eyes of the most impatient people in the world-------US!!!!!!!!!!image

i'm waiting on a coin myself, had hoped to be able to sell it in Orlando. oh well. now i guess i have an excuse to go to Baltimore in a few months!! the downside-----probably won't be able to spend as much at F.U.N. as i had wanted to.

al h.image

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Craig,
    I got the poop on this...you had five roosies graded 68FB...they were intercepted, "finalized," and now you have many nice 67 coins!!!!imageimageimageimageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

• << <i>How many times can we beat this horse to death? >>

Infinite times ~ or until someone takes the riding crop away from the jockey...

it's hit or miss when an order completes and is returned ~ anyone who reads the forums knows this ~ some accept it, some don't

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file