Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A way to always get g/u

does anybody know of a way to check to see if there is a game used card in a pack. I used to bend the pack a little untill it got hard to bend and i knew there was a game used or other vauleble card in there but now they put the spacers in the packs so u cant do that, does anybody know of a diffrent way to do that.
need chris horn cards

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Thats sad. Bending packs, damaging cards, then putting it back on the shelf. Maybe try the B/S/T board--some of those guys might be into that type of stuff. Most (not all) of those who post here have more respect for a stores merchandise and other buyers who don't want creased and picked-through packs of cards.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    1. You shouldn’t bend/feel up/slice/weigh packs in the first place. It ruins the packs for unsuspecting buyers and costs manufacturers fees for damaged cards- which in turn raises the prices of packs for YOU AND I. Why do you think packs are so expensive today anyway? It’s not simply b/c Upper Deck’s had increased production costs.
    2. Not all manufacturers use spacers in all their packs- some use spacers of different thickness/thinness, some use spacers in only certain packs, etc.

Yes, there are different ways to search packs much like there are different ways to count cards in Vegas or to time the sock market. No I won’t reveal them- and no I don’t engage in them.
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Here's a novel idea...buy the pack and take the same odds as the majority of other people.

OR forget busting packs and buy what you want on eBay.

Feeling packs is ridiculous. Rainman is right...in the end everyone will suffer.
  • Options

<< <i>I used to bend the pack a little untill it got hard to bend and i knew there was a game used or other vauleble card in there but now they put the spacers in the packs so u cant do that,... >>

I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Options
    you are the same type of person that used to reseal wax back in the 80's. You are a loser, go away.
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    If he was alive in the 80s...
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    metalhead:

Why do you think they put the spacers in there, Einstein?
    Here's a way to check if there's a game-used card in a pack.
    Buy a pack, open it, try your luck. Now go away...
  • Options
    the ancient zoroastrian secret.

lick your left index finger
    hold it 4 inches above your right nostril
    close your left eye

now count to 22 by 1/2's

next

Carefully grab the 3rd pack from the bottom on the left hand side of the box.

hum the 2nd verse of Jimi Hendrix's vodoo chile"

pay

take the pack home.

open it by a window that faces north or east only.

you should probably find an autographed, game used, dna swabbed card... it works everytime

whatever you do, do not molest the packs before buying them... it upsets the balance in the universe and causes severe abdominal bloating.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I know how to always pull a GU card. Send me $20 and I'll reveal my secret. This will pay for itself infinitely.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    Get a metal detector and a box of Pro Set cards from 1991 or so and you might find yourself a Vince Lombardi card. Or something like that.

There are better places to ask your question than here. Most of the people on this board don't agree with searching and the rest know better than to talk about it. (IMHO)
    Search and Track Auctions Automatically

Collectable
  • Options

<< <i>does anybody know of a way to check to see if there is a game used card in a pack. >>

I know how you can get game used packs and I'll give it to you FREE!

Buy the SP Game Used Box like normal people do and stop being greedy!!image

Tom
    I'm looking for PSA 8's or 9's for 1986/87 Fleer Basketball
  • Options
    It's idiots like this thread originator that tick me off when I go into target or walmart..........when I see kids feeling/searching packs I go get a manager and point it out and tell him that in the future if he sees kids or adults doing that, that he should yell at them. In my local Meijer store it got so bad they put all the packs in a glass display case and the employees choose which pack you buy.
  • Options
    Come on guys tell him how you really feel. I agree with most of the comments so far. I dont search the packs but I do inspect them to make sure they havent been bent or felt up.

James
    x
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    SP Game Used Edition
    Topps Jersey Edition
    Pacific Private Stock Titanium

Amazingly enough, you can get a game-used card in each pack from these.

Now quit damaging cards.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the ancient zoroastrian secret.

lick your left index finger
    hold it 4 inches above your right nostril
    close your left eye

now count to 22 by 1/2's

next

Carefully grab the 3rd pack from the bottom on the left hand side of the box.

hum the 2nd verse of Jimi Hendrix's vodoo chile"

pay

take the pack home.

open it by a window that faces north or east only.

you should probably find an autographed, game used, dna swabbed card... it works everytime

whatever you do, do not molest the packs before buying them... it upsets the balance in the universe and causes severe abdominal bloating. >>

wow! it really worked! I just pulled the best 1/1 card ever!
    ·p_A·