Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New Pricing Structure

Dear Valued PSA Customer,

Effective January 1, 2004, PSA will be instituting new fees for both our grading and authentication services. These changes were made to better serve the needs of our ever-growing PSA community, which is stronger than ever.

Please find our new fee schedule for our card/ticket grading services at the following LINK . As you can see, there are some new services and some changes within the service levels. Most notably, we have lowered the minimum quantity needed to qualify for our common bulk rates. In addition, there are clearly defined “declared value” rules within our offered services so please make note of these as well as any other changes in the fee schedule.

For our autograph authentication services, due to the enormous size of the master pricing list, please refer to our website at psadna.com for a complete list of autograph authentication fees. The vast majority of our submission fees have been dramatically reduced to meet your needs. We feel that this new list is greatly improves the value proposition for our customers. With autograph counterfeiting so prevalent in the market today, this will enable PSA to service more collectors.

We have recently added to our team of experts, which, in turn, means that we are capable of authenticating more historical, and entertainment autographs than ever before. PSA/DNA is not just for sports autographs anymore.

Please, if you have any question regarding the new price structure for either grading or authentication, call toll-free - 800-325-1121 - and ask to speak to one of our customer service representatives.

We greatly appreciate your continued support of PSA.

Sincerely,

Joe Orlando
PSA President

Comments

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I like the changes on PSA/DNA a lot.
    The high price of the "supersized" cards is problematic. I understand that the large holder costs more to produce, but many cards that require this holder are not especially high value cards. Many of the premiums issued during the 1930s require this holder, and sell for similar prices to Goudey or Diamond Stars cards in the same condition. It has proven worthwhile for people to grade PSA 4 commons from those sets, but if they have to pay $35 for grading, only the highest end premiums will be graded (PSA 5 condition raw commons from the premium sets are going for $10 to $25 apiece).
    BTW, the bird has to go. image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Looks pretty good to me! I like how your lowered the minimum of 100 cards on vintage commons to 50. Also, I assume that a common is someone who is not listed separately in the SMR, right?

Dave
    sellerman23
    1965 Topps
    1975 Topps
    1952 Topps
    HOF
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    Carol. . .hopefully you can clarify this for me. . .in Joe's memo/announcement, he said -
    "In addition, there are clearly defined “declared value” rules within our offered services so please make note of these as well as any other changes in the fee schedule."

When I look at the new fee schedule, the last declared value requirement I see is under Regular Service where cards $500 or more must be submitted at the Regular Service or higher.

So. . .am I to understand that anything with a declared value of $499 and less can be submitted under the Vintage Common or Modern Bulk submission services? That is assuming the minimum quantity requirements are met.

If you could clarify what can be submitted under Vintage Common service and what must go under Regular Service or Economy, I'd appreciate it.

THANKS!
    Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    A clarification of the submission levels would definitely help! I am understanding it the same as you wrote:
    Any declared value of $499 or below can be submitted under Vintage Common. Hopefully this is how PSA is meaning it.

Ken
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)
  • Options
    I'm thinking that this will flush out a bunch of 60s stuff. The drop to 50 per submission is a good thing, as it's hard to find hundreds of nice subissions from that era for those of us who can't get to the huge shows. I'm all for it.
  • Options
    Carol - when did you change your icon to a picture of Vargha?
  • Options
    (When I look at the new fee schedule, the last declared value requirement I see is under Regular Service where cards $500 or more must be submitted at the Regular Service or higher.

So. . .am I to understand that anything with a declared value of $499 and less can be submitted under the Vintage Common or Modern Bulk submission services? That is assuming the minimum quantity requirements are met.)

Has anyone received clarification from PSA on this?

Ken
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)