Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

has anyone ever seen GAI holder a pack but not grade it?

86 fleer

also, opinions on relatively low cost (but decent investment value) gai wax packs?

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    this was the 1st time I have seen them holder a pack and have the flip blank except for the contents of hte pack.

I have received ungraded packs but that was with the old flip that said "unopened and authentic" at the top, they also were noted the reason why they weren't holdered, "recolored".

I do have an email into them but they are slow to get back, i resent it yesterday after waiting a month. not the best customer service in the world
  • Options

<< <i>not the best customer service in the world >>

understatement of the year
  • Options

<< <i>

I do have an email into them but they are slow to get back, i resent it yesterday after waiting a month. not the best customer service in the world >>

PackCollector,
    Are you referring to your email to GAI asking why were not putting "Auithentic-Unopened" on some of the pack labels?

• Options
    GAI will not render a grade to a wax pack or card if the customer requests so. Normally this is done on low grade cards (for example a GAI 2 Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card may be labeled "authentic" without any grade. Some collectors are not concerned with the grades of their cards and just want to authenticate a card (especially those that are prone to reprints/fakes). I once considered this "authentic" only grade on my low grade c55/56 hockey tobacco cards, but just decided to let them grade it anyway (you pay the same price).

In the case, it looks as if this was what the customer wanted. I think GAI might have made a mistake by omitting the word "authentic" from the label, but I wouldn't know for sure.

One thing is certain, GAI will not holder a card that is altered, reprinted, fake, etc., and will not holder a pack that was tampered with. gg
    Gold Coins
    Silver Coins

e-bay ID: grilloj39
    e-mail: grilloj39@gmail.com