Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Registered Mail for submissions----who knows where to get brown paper tape???

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
The USPS requires paper tape on Registered Mail so that it can stamped to prevent tampering. I've checked all the major chain retailers and some smaller stores in the area without success. Who knows where I can buy some of the old style brown paper tape that will absorb the stamp ink and not allow it to be wiped off?? A link or a chain store name would be fine.

Thanks.

Al H.image

Comments

• Options
    MetaMeta Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Staples has the tape you need.

• Options
    WalMart, Longs Drugs, Office Max are a few stores by me that carry it.

Michael
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    I get mine at the grocery store. It's paper tape, but the post office doesn't love it but accept it. But I haven't found better. Mailboxes, Etc. may have some.
  • Options
    Staples or a "Certified UPS Mailing Center" should sell it (even if you don't have to ship UPS, they should still carry the tape)

Tim
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Post office sold it to me cheap. When I asked them another time if they had more, he gave me a roll for free.

Make sure the tape is "craft paper" style and not plastic.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    Last time the post office just gave me a couple rolls because I do so much registered mail.
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    I've been in all the major drug stores, discount stores, office supply stores, etc., you just can't find brown paper tape around here ... image Must be an Ohio thing, Al.
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I got some before and wasn't good enough

now they do the taping for me (and always have) -

they even gave me some of their tape before, but I did not use enough to cover all the seams

they still do all the taping for me
  • Options
    misterRmisterR Posts: 2,305 ✭✭
    Cornell Robbins if you need several rolls. I use their fiberglass reinforced paper tape known as "blue box". Their number 1-888-251-1297.
  • Options
    Must be an Ohio thingimage

i'll try the UPS strore and then a Mailboxes Etc. if i can find them followed by that Cornell Robbins phone number. thanks guys.

al h.image
  • Options
    I get mine at Office Depot.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,278
    The big post office where I live has it in stock to sell.
    DSW
  • Options
    Hey Pete

thanks for the link. Staples looks like the way to go and i think there's one located about 25 miles away. what RGL posted seems to be true where i live in Ohio, all the locations posted so far like Office Depot, Office Max, WalMart, Kmart and every drug store/grocery store doesn't have it. weird!!

al h.image

Luke!!!!!! Beware the DARKSIDE!!!!

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    I've always let the postal clerk put the paper tape on for me. None of them has ever complained about doing it or said I should be doing it myself.
  • Options
    GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    hey Keets,

As usual I'm a day late and a dollar short, but everyone has mentioned all the places I would suggest, except:

You would think that since they REQUIRE it, the post office would stock it. When they do, it isn't the most reasonable price though.
    Gilbert
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've always let the postal clerk put the paper tape on for me. None of them has ever complained >>

Maybe the clerks don't complain, but you can bet everybody in line behind you is muttering a few choice words.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Al - I found the tape in the packaging section - the regular tape/envelope section doesn't have it at Staples
  • Options
    Being a cheap SOB, I use paper bags that I cut into strips and Elmer's glue. The P.O. has never said anything but that the packages were very secure.
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollo's in Brunswick has all kinds of paper products, including the tape-and. at cheaper prices than you'll find elsewhere. Its just south of the intersection of rts 303 and 42-about 1 mile south of 303 on the right.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file