Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA 1969 Bobby Orr OPC or Topps?

Is anybody familar with 1969 OPC Hockey?
This Orr auction was kinda strange...one bidder (CU board member?) retracted a bid because he thought the Orr card looked like a Topps version.
So what do you think?
Does the body rule the mind?
or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...

Comments

• Options
    Here's your answer: link
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I was the original under bid when it ended last night. I had been in touch with the seller when he 1st listed it . I don't think he did anything wrong. He was on vacation during the auction so he could not confirm it was a topps card before the auction ended. Once he did , he relisted and clarified that PSA labeled the card wrong and it is on fact a topps card. I purchased a PSA 9 dad's cookies orr from him last night and he is a top notch seller.

I just hope whoever buys it ,if it's not me , sends it in to be corrected rather than pulling a fast one and selling it down the road as an OPC.

On another note , without seeing the back of the card, I think it is very difficult tell from a scan if it is topps or opc.
    just my 2 cents happy new year
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    thanks for the kind comments.i notified the
    high bidder and all underbidders and informed
    the high bidder he had 1st call on an apparent
    1969 topps at a much lower price.since he collected
    opc only the lower price was never discussed and the
    card has been relisted.was away and couldn't verify the
    reverse but all should check the back whenever OPC is offered.
    i emailed joe orlando ( quality control issue ) and ebay as
    they should allow additions to auction descriptions within the
    last 12 hours.anything that helps a buyer has to be good.
    happy new year to all.
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    PC canceled my bid for me, AFTER I received an email from him saying that the card is a Topps issue. PC handled the situation very professionaly. He has relisted the card (correctly identified) as a mechanical error from PSA. I am currently bidding on the card again and if I am lucky enough to win it, it will be sent to PSA in my next order to be reholdered correctly. STEVE.
  • Options
    Steve, the battle is on! lol I will reholder it also so hopefully one of us wins
  • Options
    got the card today. thanks paul you are top notch. I'll send this in with my next submission as a mechanical and have it relabeled. by the way nice looking card
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    It's great to see that the card is going to a nice home and to a stand up guy! It is nice to see that a possibly sticky situation was handled so well by everyone involved. Nice going guys!