Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Paypal's Buyers Protection is a Joke

Check out the link and read what they did to this one Ebay buyer.Text

Comments

• Options
    You can really tell now that Paypal is owned by Ebay as they really don't care anything about their customers as long as they get their money.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    that is why you need to use a credit card, paypal does nothing! complete waste of time, every time I am prompted " are you sure you want to make that change , you could win $1000" I think of the poor soles that get sucked into this. has anyone ever won $1000 from paypal? not that I know
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    <Over the past week, television station WJAR made numerous attempts to contact eBay, PayPal's parent company, but messages went unreturned.>

At least EBAY is consistent, they provided WJAR the same level of service that they provide everyone else.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Watch out for the empty box...
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Ebay SUCKS
    Ebay SUCKS
    Paypal SUCKS
    Paypal SUCKS

'nuff said
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.
  • Options
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

I won a couple of cards on eBay on the 9th of December from someone who doesn't accept paypal.
    This week, I got an e-mail from them saying they had received my payment,
    and will be waiting 10 days for my check to clear before they ship the cards.

So, whether I decide to keep them, flip them, or have them graded,
    the entire process is going to take about a month longer than a typical paypal transaction,
    and, if they're crooks, they still could rip me off by sending me an empty box with 'delivery confirmation'.

Ebay has saved card collecting from becoming obsolete,
    and paypal helps money turn over quickly, which is good for our economy ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Ebay has created an easy way to buy cards, but with increased risks. I remember going to shows, holding a card, inspecting it, wondering if I waited to buy it, would it be gone. I give the dealer the cash, he gives me the card, not a different one, not in a month, but right there. Now on every transaction for the most part, even from those with high feedback, you have to wait for your card and should it not arrive, your recourse is so small that it is mostly not worth it.

Ebay has created the perfect crooks' paradise. An anonymous way to bend people over, unregulated, unchecked. Worse yet, ebay not only allows it, but fascillitates it by allowing private feedback, multiple (more than 2) screen names, etc. Paypal is an extension of ebay.

Granted, ebay has opened a world of card collecting to many, but also allowed a lot of 12 year old crooks, former street hoods, and computer geeks a way to get into your pocket. Right now the good outweighs the bad, but in the past year, I have seen the amount of scams and crooks increase threefold and have seen ebay's service decrease by the same amount. With no other alternative, ebay has us by the short hairs and they know it. Want to see ebay's CS get better, wait until Sony or some other company decides to start up a competitior.
    Always wanting odd-ball Nolan Ryan's.
  • Options
    I think the crook seller in that news article ripped off a friend of mine. It sounds like the same schtick she pulled on him only that was for a couple grand. The police were well aware of her but claimed they would need to catch her in the act which is very difficult to do so she is able to continue to rip people off.

Steve
  • Options
    Pay Pal also does not protect the seller. Warning: If the payer pays the additional fee for the buyer protection or whatever it's called, the seller better use a form of delivery confirmation. I sold a card for a few buck and I only charge $2 for S&H, hence no delivery confirmation. I received payment via Pay Pal and sent the card out the next day. A week later I got positive feedback from the buyer. Done deal, right. Wrong! Six month later I got charged back from Pay Pal because the buyer was protected by Pay Pal. I needed to offer proof of delivery or be charged back. Period. I sent an email with links to Pay Pal showing the positive feedback left. Yes the ebay items matched, ebay ids matched and so forth. The buyers feedback shows he had done that to a couple of others sellers. A repeat offender who will keep doing it. Pay Pal actually drew back the charge back and refunded my money because of my proof. Two months later I was charged back again because it was against their policy to do this without proof of delivery. Thanks Pay Pal for the great service. image
  • Options
    i have heard about this chargeback deal, but fortunately it hasn't happened to me. but exactly how does it work?? i understand the jist of most of it, but what if i have no money in my paypal account?? does it automatically withdraw funds from your bank account, or your credit card without your consent if someone does a chargeback?? i never let money stay idle in my paypal account (i always send money from my checking account, and always transfer funds recieved to that account). if that is the case, isn't there something illegal about doing this without your permission? it isn't like they are a bank, more like a 24 hour online western union.
  • Options
    Rush,

Can you do us all a favor and tell us who this Ebay user is so we can all add him to our blocked bidder list. I would like to avoid him at all costs.

Steve
  • Options
    First Pay Pal will leave a negative balance in your account and send daily emails until the balance is restored. I don't think they can withdraw funds without consent. At least I hope.

The wonderful ebayer would did this was "edgefan32".
    I only give this out because some one asked.
    Seller beware.
  • Options
    I think they can charge your cc if they need to
    get their negative balance recovered.
    imageimage