Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Can anyone identify this card ? I was told is was an 1983 Topps

test issue, it was going to be a sticker. That is what I was told when I bought the card. Any help would be great. And the back of the card is blank. It measures the same as a standard modern card.

James image
x

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

It would appear to be a photo of Wade Boggs,
    who I believe played for the Boston Red Sox ?

Hope this helps ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Yep the book can be closed now...thanks...image

ANYONE ...ANYONE

Jamesimage
    x
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The story is that Topps was going to put out an all star game set and that these were the cards but Donruss beat them to the punch with the Donruss Action All stars so it was scrapped. Whether this is true or not I have no idea. They can be had pretty often and cheaply. I have these from the players I collect, paid like $1 each for them. Sorry I couldn't give more definitive info.

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Thanks for the info , sounds pretty good. I paid 1.50 or so not much. I am just happy to have another 1983 Boggs "rookie"I wanted to confirm that it is made by topps and 1983.

James
    x
  • Options
    I have some cards, made in 1984 by Topps, which I mailed away direct to Topps for, that look very similar to the picture you posted. The reverse of my cards reads: Topps 1984 All-Star Set collector's edition, then the players first and last name, team, and position, then card number # of 40. Wade Boggs is card # 8 of 40 in that set. The front of the card that I have is bordered in red, not yellow, and also states the players first and last name.

Wade Boggs 1984 Topps Send Away Glossy

Perhaps what you have here is a 1983 proto-type?
    Barry, an independent collector