Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

quick question billy ripken error card

the billy ripken error card that says f@ck face on the knob of the bat i think in 1989. is it still worth money? is it hard to find now?

Comments

• Options

They are not too hard to find in the "raw" form.Some of the variations(corrections)are still fairly difficult to obtain.The card is probably worth a few dollars,maybe $10 or $20.Probably not even that much.I still have a few of them somewhere.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    The first error isn't worth much.The white out version still sells for $20-$25.
  • Options
    Latest Beckett:

F@ck Face-$20.00
    Whiteout-$50.00
    White Scribble-$5.00
  • Options
    The error you referred to in your original post just sold for $160+ on Ebay for a PSA 10.
  • Options

WOW!!!

I better go into the closet and break mine out.I am sure that I have a couple that have a shot at 10's.They came right out of packs and went into top loaders back in 89.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Someone over on the Beckett boards pointed out that apparently BGS won't (or somehow hasn't) grade the "FF" Ripken. Check out the population reports. It seems odd that they wouldn't.
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    I wonder what they would write on the flip? Maybe that's the reason...

Dave
    sellerman23
    1965 Topps
    1975 Topps
    1952 Topps
    HOF
  • Options
    BGS wont grade the BIll Ripken FF card as it would make them not look kid friendly. They coined teh term Rick Face in 89 to avoid cussing. They only grade 6 versions out of the 15 I know of due to the easiness to reproduce some versions and I feel they dont distinguish the diff. scribble versions as they started out labeling all same and now must stick to it. Contact me for more info if interested.
    imageimageimage