Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Hey 69er's What is this?

I have a 1969 ungraded Ernie Banks card I found in my ungraded stash. There appears to be an auto graph on it. Does anyone know if these were ever produced? I can email someone the pic if they can help me post it here.

LMK<

Glen

Comments

• Options

See if this is how you do it? Does the picture have to been a hosting web site?

Glen
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    The properties of the picture is showing up as coming from your C Drive. If you can throw it up on a hosting site it will make the sharing easier.
  • Options
    Have never done this. What are some hosting sites?
  • Options
    Email it to me. I'll get it posted for you. jeb@virtualizard.com

JEB.
  • Options
    VirtualLizard,

I sent it.

Spacktrack,

I tried to send it to you but could not find your email address.

Thanks,

Glen
  • Options
    Glen:

No problem--I forgot to mention that it is in my sig line. Either way, I will look for JEB to post the pic and hopefully help a bit.

spacktrack
  • Options
    Here's the Scan:

JEB.
  • Options
    Well there it is. It was in my box of ex mt cards. At one time I was going to build an ungraded ex set. What do you guys think? Real, Fake, produced this way?

LMK,

Glen
  • Options
    I'm gonna guess that the auto is fake since every Banks auto I've seen has the "s" written out rather than in cursive.
  • Options
    Kind of looks like a stamp to me.

I emailed JEB a scan of an autographed Banks card that he autographed in front of me at a charity event in 2002.

It supports djb's "written vs. cursive" s thought.
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Very, very closely resembles most stamped signatures I have seen in consistency, pressure, and form. This has been gathered through seeing stamped autos from any variety of people.

Just my opinion, though.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Did Banks sign his name without the "e" at the end of "Ernie"?
  • Options
    That is a stamp for sure. Banks usually signs Ernie on top of Banks on his cards, not straight across, and that sig is way too small to be a Banks sig. And spacktrack is right, that's stamp ink on there.
  • Options
    Thank you all very much. I would not have even noticed it untill I had this one and a PSA 8 graded copy next to each other. Must have been stamped and then just thrown into a lot that I once bought off of ebay?

Thanks,

Glen
  • Options

<< <i>..I emailed JEB a scan of an autographed Banks card that he autographed in front of me at a charity event in 2002... >>

I don't remember autographing that Banks card at a charity event in 2002. image Maybe I had a few too many that night. image

In any case, here's the scan:

JEB.
  • Options
    Thanks JEB. It was a long night, but you did a good job with the signature.

Keith