Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Maybe I shouldn't have been so lazy.........

I should have submitted my own Chris Webber Master player set list. Here it is 6+ months later and the thing still isn't up yet I could still do it now, but I'm curious as to how long it takes PSA to list a player set on the registry. Anyone else remember how long it took to see their requested set up and running without supplying the data to PSA?

Comments

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I've never done a player list, but I submitted a request for 1993 SP baseball and it was online in a week, IIRC. Maybe it's different for sets that pull from a bunch of different sets, many of which might not be online yet, either.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    DBJ77 - Perhaps yours was the only request for Webber and thus the long delay.
    If 2 or 3 others asked for it too, it might have speeded up the process. Another problem w/ the long delay is that Webber is still playing and there must be 100's of card sets that he has been in, and some of those PSA hasn't graded any cards of any player in that set.
    So they just can't press a button and have the checklist appear, like they can with a Sandy Koufax or Willie Mays where just about every thing they are in has already been graded.

Plus good things happen to those who wait image ...jay
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    dbj - I emailed BJ in regards to the Ashburn (Master and Basic), as well as the Luzinski and it was not a problem. BJ emailed me the spreadsheets and I "weighted" them. It was a pretty easy process and it only took a few days. Perhaps you need to ask her for a spreadsheet for all Webber cards graded by PSA - even though I am sure that there are examples out there that have not one card graded.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    How do I assign weights to them, is this based upon rarity? or do other factors figure into the weight? For example, I'm sure the 92 Webber U of M card is rarer than his 93 hoops draft card, but I don't know production numbers of each.
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't have to be all that sceintific. An easy way to attribute grade weight is the value of a card. A book value thats $10 should have more weight then a .50 cent card. Also keep in mind, the checklist is more important then the grade weight, there are plenty of sets in the registry that have not been weighted yet...jay