Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The King has inspired this commoner.

In the spirit of the holidays and motivated by King Kellogg’s nice gesture (Giving away free 1976-77 wax pack wrappers) I decided to give some cards away.

The wife bought me some modern football and baseball wax pack gift boxes for Christmas. I opened the packs and played it up pretty good…(Wow thanks honey, you’re the best, blah blah blah). I tried to give them to my son but he won’t look at a trading card unless it is Yu-Gi-Oh.

So I put them in three different bubble mailers and will ship them to you free of charge if you are one of the first three people to send me a Private Message (PM).

No emails please, PM ONLY. If you do not have your PM turned on I suggest you do so if you would like one of the packages.

Make sure you PM me your full name and address.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays,

Carlos

Comments

• qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    CARLOS - Thats a nice gesture! ...jay
  • spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    I'll second that...way to be!
  • carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Just don't tell my wife...image

I have one left!!!

HURRY

Carlos
  • carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    And the winners are:

LiL' Vargha

Butcher

&

Rainman
  • Carlos...

Nice gesture...image

We should all pass on the cards (or wrappers..) that are not in our prime intrest.

Atta 'boy...

BTW...I still have a few wrappers if anybody can use them...

email.. emards4457@msn.com .

Cheers !!!

Larry

I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Thanks Carlos -- My son will love it!
  • That was cool of you!

I have been giving away my recent (worthless) cards for a while to people who win my auctions. I usually put up to 6 newer cards along with whatever they won as a nice gesture. People seem to appreciate that and have thanked me in their feedback.

I still have lots of extras. I think I will give away some cards. The first 10 people who PM me (not email) will get 10 different cards shipped to them in a bubble mailer. Among the card issues I will send along are (all baseball) 1986 Topps, 1989 Donruss, 1992 Upper Deck, 1981 Donruss, 1984 Fleer, 1982 Fleer and 2003 Topps. Let me know if you have a preference as well. One lucky person who PM's me will get a 1970 Topps Harmon Killebrew that was returned from PSA as trimmed and I have a few 1959 Topps OC NM that I could not unload on eBay that I will randonly throw in. Wow this is fun! A way to rid of all this crap! Might as well throw in my 1987 Topps Jose Canseco All-Star Rookie card!

Remeber, first 10 to PM me with their addresses!

sellerman23

Dave
    sellerman23
    1965 Topps
    1975 Topps
    1952 Topps
    HOF
  • Thanks to Vargha for the first response!
    He gets one of the earlier cards thrown in.
    Who's next?

Dave
    sellerman23
    1965 Topps
    1975 Topps
    1952 Topps
    HOF
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    The kid doesn't even deserve them . . . I must think up some tasks for him to earn his precious cardboard. image
  • I teach 5th grade special ed... and my students at Mote Elementary School love cards... I can't get enough cards to give away... seriously...
    if you have a lot... and you wish to inspire young collectors...
    I'd be happy to paypal you the shipping...
    and you'll even get a nice "thank you" note from the kids...
    any sport
    -Geoff
  • spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Geoff:

How many kids in your class and what teams are local to you?

spacktrack
  • Thanks...
    We are in delaware... so phili and balt/wash...

My class is only 10... plus a few buddies / peers...

My email is in my profile...
    knickstars@aol.com
    thanks,
    Geoff
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Like Geoff, I teach a small SPED class at the elementary level and am slowly turning my kids from Yu-Gi-Oh collectors into sports cards collectors. If anybody has some newer baseball or football commons they'd like to donate or some recent junk wax they'd like to sell cheap, I'd totally appreciate it if you'd PM me.

Thanks,
    Steve
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • ydsotter...

yawie99...

email me please... I'll send your kids a ton of cards!!!

emards4457@msn.com .

Glad to help.

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I echo the King's sentiments...
    Email me and I'll put together some cards for you guys to disperse...jay
    Email link
  • Thanks guys! The kids will love the cards...

Quick story... I posted this a couple times over the past 2+ years on these boards... it's one of those too be good to be true, once in a life time fantasies... but it's true!

When I was about 9 years old... (1980)
    I used to go up to adults and college students and say "when you were a kid, did you collect baseball cards?"

sometimes they'd say yes and promise to bring me some the next time they visited home...

One time... this guy brought me back 2 shoeboxes.
    One very large shoebox jampacked with only 1965 and 1967 Topps.

and another small shoebox with about 200 1966 and 1967 Philadelphia football cards...

I don't remeber the football cards well.
    But I remember that baseball card box had 3 1967 brooks robinsons... and clemente, rose, kaline, banks... basically everyone was in there in except he told me he pulled out the yankees, koufax, aaron and mays...

The cards were glossy like new.

for about 1 year... I was the best kid on the block to trade with and every older kid ripped me off... I had some of the cards until I was about 14...

Another friend of mine who later died of MS... was once given a large box of 1952 topps. His mom said I could pick one...
    I knew little about baseball cards that old at the time... I remember picking Gil Hodges because my dad's name is gil.
    Imagine that...
  • Thanks Larry, Jay, Brian and Doug... you guys are awesome.